The Chase Australia

If Seven ever goes down this pathway…

For starters they should get someone who at least has a proper sense of humour and doesn’t go and say every second word using a weird tone and be so OTT. Honestly AOK’s antics and OTT presentation style was perfect on DOND but on The Chase he’s just getting ridiculously annoying and it’s not even funny or engaging, let alone hilarious like Bradley Walsh.

In terms of game show hosts, I rank him just above Eddie McGuire, but that’s not really saying much.

4 Likes

The Destroyer on the chase today not sure if this is a repeat

1 Like

It was a repeat.

2 Likes

Looks like we will be stuck with local Chasers Brydon (Shark), Matt (Goliath) and Issa (Supernerd) for a while.

UPDATE 14/6: A Channel 7 spokeswoman told the Sunday Herald Sun that the production was keen to have Anne and Mark integrated into the show while they were unable to travel, which could see them competing via video link. Meanwhile the show resumed production last month, adapted to the limitations created by the coronavirus with only Victorian contestants being cast while interstate travel is restricted or banned.

3 Likes

Looks like “COVID safe” episodes now airing. Two contestants sitting further back behind the desk, and Andrew distanced from the player at the chase board.

7 Likes

Screenshot_20200622-171927~2

5 Likes
1 Like

The new episode of this “social distancing” was different. We’ll get used to it, and of course there will be repeats on Thursdays and Fridays, in order to salvage the episodes. Ran smoothly.

4 Likes

Screenshot_20200623-072630~2

6 Likes

Looks messy. There must be a better way to do it.

2 Likes

I thought the same way at the start of the show but as the show went on l got used to it.

It wasn’t very obvious.

7 Likes

they just had a question “what country shares the largest border with Afghanistan?” goliath said Pakistan, the contestants said Iran. both were considered wrong andrew said it was China.

There is no way that can be correct, they barely have a border. does The Chase have a challenge process?

I mean, they could always ship Seven Perth’s desk over to Melbourne for the contestants if they want to adapt social distancing whilst doing the show.

10 Likes

Haven’t seen the ep, the only way I can see that question working is “What is the largest country sharing a border with Afghanistan?” which would be a bit of an obscure way to ask a question but would give China the answer, otherwise it doesn’t make sense. There’s been a couple of other times too where answers are very, very close but given incorrect where others aren’t anywhere near as close but allowed.

EDIT: Just watched it, question was correct but could have been misunderstood easily. “By area what is the largest country bordering Afghanistan” Goliath said Russia and the contestants said Iran. China shares a border of bugger all compared to the other countries but is the largest.

2 Likes

The 2pm showing of The Chase will end next week with UK Drama Liar taking the slot the following week.

3 Likes

But Liar season 1 is only six episodes. Once it finishes, The Chase UK may return to the 2pm timeslot.

2 Likes

Maybe but I dont think so. I think Seven will use the slot for drama repeats.

2 Likes

Brydon has begun compiling the daily quiz in News Corp metropolitan papers. The first quiz is today.

1 Like

Just confirming The Chase UK does NOT return to the 2pm slot after Liar finishes.

3 Likes