The Celebrity Apprentice

Disappointing premiere. Not much drama and went longer than it needed to. By 8PM challenge was done and so there was 40 mins of filler and rehashing - was expecting a second lifeline challenge or something but no! Also the time deadlines were always contrieved, they were getting the plaster of Wippa despite being 5 minutes till auction, then we see them driving to Cruise Bar in the Sydney CBD. I mean really… talk about manufactured hype…

Martha the only one I see potential making this show fun to watch…

2 Likes

Just watched the first ep in an hour, absolutely no way I could watch this live. Agreed the last 40 mins would’ve been very long winded for anyone watching live.

Martha and the YouTube boy (perhaps well meaning, but needs to spend some time in the real world) cannot be taken seriously, my first two targets for firing. One of the Veronicas twins also appeared to be a bit up herself earlier, will see it she can pull herself together with her attitude as this goes on.

2 Likes

They also keep blatantly giving away the outcome of the challenges in the promos by showing footage from the final boardroom segment with just the three final contestants.

I also wonder just how desperate Sugar must have been six months ago to agree to do this show.

2 Likes

Money talks.

Probably just wanted to get out of virus ridden Europe to the land of no COVID. As many big name US stars have done

4 Likes

What’s $500k or $1m when you’re worth a couple of billion?

I doubt he was paid much/anything. It was all about getting into Australia last year.

2 Likes

Overseas celebrities are paid a fortune to come to Australia to appear in reality shows.

1 Like

Is Gibson and Lee Biggs not going in?

Gotta love advertising for reality television. The so called fight between Ross Noble and Camilla. From last night’s boardroom elimination bottom 3 - was carried into tonights show. And it lasted 11 seconds. But the ads made it out it was a fight that would last the whole night… lol.

1 Like

Also, in previous seasons, did celebrities used to talk to camera/producer once eliminated? They dont seem to do that this season…

It’s so stupid, they pretty much got rid of the lesser known celebs in the first 3 eps. You could tell who was going to be fired each time because of this.

1 Like

Haven’t watched this season but can remember earlier seasons had the eliminated contestant talking about it as they were driven away.

Isn’t that what they are doing in the car as they drive away?

1 Like

do they do it after the “coming up in the next episode” clip? If so, then i may have missed it

They knew what they signed up for and yet they both seem to have a surprised pikachu face when producers deliberately intervene and input the drama and narrative.

Situation normal.

1 Like

The Apprentice UK is probably my fave reality show and one I very much look forward to annually, and while I was excited by Lord Sugar coming for the reboot, I was also disappointed to learn it was another celebrity version. Still, I held on hope that the show would be a more robust and entertaining one in the same vein of the English version - but it is just as dry as any previous version. It just smells of boring Channel Nineness.

Lord Sugar doing a non celeb version on 10 could have had legs.

And also, on the UK version it always feels like Sugar pops in from his busy schedule, on this on we know he has nowhere else to be and is just lurking around some random building working out his quips.

They gave away the winners last week with “tomorrow night” promos, tonight they showed who is the losing team in the coming up promo, pretty pointless to continue watching now.

Martha Anthony Whippa in the firing line according to the promo at lunchtime?

Farewell Martha

Wait. Did the winning team take the earnings of both teams? thats a bit unfair if they are firing two people the project managers should have kept what they earned for their charity.