The Bureau of Magical Things

Filming began on season 2 last week.

1 Like

Season 2 resumed filming on June 29, after it was paused since March due to COVID-19. Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk, who made the announcement about TV shows and movies resuming production in her state on June 18, said that season 2 employs more than 200 cast and crew and injects more than $8.5 million into the Queensland economy.

I’ve been watching this for the first time weekend mornings on 10peach. Am I missing something? This isn’t the same show? That description is way off.

The description talks about a plot that runs throughout the whole series and is more prevalent towards the end but each episode also has self contained stories.

Its definitely not the same.

Kyra and Peter investigating the magical world etc. Um no. Peter only found out a half way through the season that magic was real.

And what secrets about the human world and magical world?

None of that has happened and we are at finale tomorrow.

Season one drops on Netflix this Thursday.

The show is moving from 10 Peach to 10 Shake, with season 2 to air next year.

1 Like
1 Like

Season 2 - Premiere 10 Shake

Saturday 10 July at 2:00 pm - double episodes.

2pm on a Saturday? :woozy_face:

I don’t know why 10 bother commissioning these multichannel teen dramas, they basically must be free or cost them next to nothing or the same as what a repeat would given the international sales.

They never promote anything (this is airing this weekend!), no mention on any 10 Shake social channels either. Has anyone seen any ads for this?

It’s the same old ads for the same shows.

1 Like

Well, a lot of kids have sport on Saturday morning, which means they can come home in the afternoon for lunch and just in time to watch this.

But if they don’t promote it then no one would even know if it’s on.

For one thing, they were obliged to have new children’s programs to fulfil the children’ program quota. They also contribute to the Australian content quotas they need. They may not do so in future, if the quotas are dropped.

You are right about international sales. The scripted shows Ten produce do get a lot of international sales. Recently they have been coproducing programs with Netflix so they might continue to commission them if the price is right.

It’s sad that they don’t promote Australian shows like they do all other content.

2 Likes

The Bureau of Magical Things double episodes 2pm Saturday & Sunday on 10 Shake.

Four episodes a week, so it will finish in five weeks. I’m sure they’ll repeat again soon after.

I missed today’s season 2 premiere so I will have to catch up on 10Play.

So strange having it air as double episodes, on Saturday and Sunday arvos. Wouldnt new episodes on a weekday afternoon be better? That’s when more eyeballs are watching tv.

10 Shake will repeat season 2 (which finished last weekend) from the first episode this Saturday, August 14, at around 2pm. I use the word “around” because some premiere episodes started a few minutes before 2pm.

Yoo’d think they would find another timeslot rather than repeat it in the timeslot it just screened in. :roll_eyes:

I just finished watching it and they gave it a strange ending which suggests there will never be a season 3. It’s a shame they didn’t just leave things as they were so they could possibly do more seasons or movies etc. like they have done with all their other fantasy series.