The Biggest Loser: Transformed

Yeah I don’t think it can pull similar figures to Survivor up against MKR. But it probably isn’t the worst decision from ten. The thing with The Biggest Loser is that it makes money. It has a stack of advertisers and the issue surrounding it was the cost. But with Michelle Bridges out and only 2 trainers, instead of 4, the costs are less.

They’re a classy bunch over there at DeciderTV

2 Likes

Exactly. It would be cheap to make and would make more revenue than a lot of other shows. It was getting a high as 800k towards the end of last year (yes that was a rare occasion but it happened time to time… eg here) so I wouldn’t write it completely off.

This show will probably pull 300k.

Goodnight Ten in 2017.

1 Like

Yeah I don’t see high hopes for it. But if it airs Wednesday-Friday it could do ok at around 500-600k. Which isn’t actually ok. But it would free Living Room to go to 8:30 which provides new programming on Friday.

Won’t happen, over seeing this being thrown around.

Might not. But it isn’t like Ten haven’t had reality at 7:30 on a Friday before… Its a suggestion. Don’t have to like it. Just would do better than Have You Been Paying Attention encores and do the same sort of figures it gets at 7:30 anyway.

No thanks.

1 Like

The Biggest Loser: Transformed.

One of Australia’s most iconic and enduring series will return in 2017 in a contemporary and empowering version, The Biggest Loser: Transformed. Hosted by Fiona Falkiner with trainers Shannan Ponton and Libby Babet, and produced by Endemol Shine Australia, The Biggest Loser: Transformed will see a group of everyday Australians tackling relatable weight issues and undergoing transformations of their bodies and their minds. The reimagined and uplifting show will take the latest advancements in health and fitness to create a contemporary and goal-driven approach to transforming people’s lives.

The Biggest Loser: Transformed will also be supported by an innovative new app that will help all Australians transform their lives.

The logo and image used in one of the Ten releases shows a fit looking lady stretching her leg. It actually looks really fresh and a real move away from an obesity focus. I like the concept at a high level of a more fitness and health focused show but I’m wondering if they should have removed The Big Loser branding altogether and just called it ‘Transformed’ if it really is going to be a very different show.

1 Like

I am really amazed ten have gone back to give this a go. I cannot see it doing too well.

2 Likes

A little bit more info on the Biggest Loser Transformed. The article also reveals that the winner will be viewer voted in a new format live finale.

The Biggest Loser is back - but it’s nothing like you remember it

I’m guessing having contestants with less weight equates to a shorter season as well.

Tiff Kavalee has her own training program, heard a few ads for it on radio.

New possible logo for the show, as seen in the Network TEN 2017 showreel

1 Like

This season will be wedged in over Easter:

Promos have begun tonight during I’m a celeb - seems a little early?

At least they’re promoting something else.

1 Like

Not a bad promo either.

Surprised it didn’t feature the host, Fiona Falkiner.

It is only 6 weeks away. They promoted Celebrity back in December. But maybe a tad early.

I doubt they’re about to start pumping out the promos for it, but makes sense to run a sneak peak during the premiere when a lot of people would ideally be watching.