The Biggest Loser: Transformed

It will probably rate well with the right casting. But I am sick of Seven picking up old formats, they need to do something original. Holey Moley is probably it for Seven in 2021 unfortunately.

Surely after the disaster TBL: Transformed was for Ten in 2017, no network with a brain would touch any revamped version of The Biggest Loser Australia with a 50 foot barge pole?!

Don’t think there’s much (if any) demand from the public for a TBL revival either.

Same can be said about all three commercial networks, if I’m being honest. Hopefully they’ll realise that viewers want more new and exciting formats before it’s too late.

1 Like

If Holey Moley doesn’t perform, they might just end up going back to more pre-existing formats.

I hope Holy Moly doesn’t rate, from the promos I’ve seen it isn’t original the jokes are lame and lack originality and it is relying on humour of people falling of objects which to me is just not funny at all. They could do a lot better. The promos just don’t excite me it’s very same old same old to me. Due to this Seven don’t deserve to have this show as a rating success.

1 Like

Well if I may ask what would you like to see then?

Something original that uses intelligent humour which isn’t people falling off objects.

1 Like

This probably means nothing, but The Biggest Loser changed their profile picture and cover photo on Facebook today to a generic The Biggest Loser logo.

Bit random.

4 Likes

:open_mouth: I would be happy to see this again!

1 Like

It feels like it has been long enough now. I enjoyed it back in the day.

TBL was one of the first reality shows to be expanded over multiple nights. I don’t know if the format would survive in 2024. I doubt it would be able to be done at the scale (no pun intended) it once was. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Looks like they might be giving it another go. No idea why else they’d choose to update the page given 7 years of inactivity.

Don’t think this would work again.

Looks like it’s definitely coming back. You don’t just log into the account 7 years later and change the picture.

4 Likes

Surely not … right.

The positive “nice” version of the show didn’t work as most shows need controversy,

and a more harsh version like the original series won’t work because of the body issues it presents as well as the fact that a 12 week crash course weight loss program is ultimately ineffective for the intended aim - I believe there’s a study from the American version which indicates that most contestants go back to their starting weight because the drastic change in such a short time impacts their ability to actually keep the weight off primarily from impacting their metabolism.

Which network are the poor suckers who commissioned this?

1 Like

They’d be mad to go for this again. Clearly they haven’t been burnt hard enough by the last time this flopped right in their faces that it ended up going to daytime.

1 Like

Could be Seven as they have the American version on 7plus.

1 Like

It’s been 7 years. That’s a long time. It could work after such a long break.

1 Like

Airing another version doesn’t mean much

I think there’s a fair few examples of formats where a foreign version runs on one channel but another runs the local version.

1 Like

Survivor and The Amazing Race both immediately come to mind.

2 Likes

I would love to see the same trainers back but I doubt Michelle and Commando would do it together. Have one of them, Shannon, Tiffany Hall, and either Hayley Lewis or Fiona Falkiner hosting.

I’d go for the Families format again if a revival happens.

1 Like

Used to watch TBL as well. It’s first 4 seasons were massive hits and at a time when BB and Idol had already been on-air for many years but before MasterChef and was a new reality show for Aussies, with the US version as well. Starting with the US trainers coming over here and then in 2008 getting Shannon and Michelle plus Commando, with Ajay doing S1 - 4 and then that whole controversy with her happened and Hayley Lewis took over from S5 (ratings like a lot of shows at Ten dropped save for phenomenons like MC and a few other hits) but remained strong) and S6 added trainers and changed format from couples to families. S7 in 2012 was still solid but really went downhill after that to the final season where it was played out including finale in daytime to basically a nil audience and Shannon mocked by Hughesy at that years Logies over it. I reckon it’s been enough time. Maybe someone give it one last go?

Are we sure it’s 10 logging into that social media? Wasn’t it a Fremantle show and then Shine (now Banijay) who’d run the account. Could see Seven reviving yet another, maybe a departing commission for former Ten CEO James Warburton or even Nine (they were keen at one stage and made the failed rip off Excess Baggage remember that which ironically had Ajay as a contestant).

1 Like

I doubt it’s 9 - they have too packed of a schedule of solid performers - Between MAFS, Lego, Summit, Block, Olympics, Love Island & Food Stars

I doubt they can fit in a big flagship show this year and it’s probably to premature to think about 2025