The Back Side of Television

Because people watch it and enjoy it? I’m not sure they’d keep recommissioning it if people weren’t watching.

1 Like

Cough The Project :joy:

What’s wrong with it?

Just not my type of show. I watched last years special and didn’t find Mitch funny at all.

Okay so it wasn’t for you.

Does it make it a shit show? Do we need to query why it’s brought back? At least offer some actual critique.

There are obviously reasons why BINGE / Foxtel picked it up, they are not in the business of bringing shows back that don’t do well either.

2 Likes

Okay, relax dude. It was just a comment.

I’m chill, dude.

Also nothing quite like telling someone to relax when simply engaging in conversation and it’s been perceived wrong.

1 Like

I always enjoy his specials minus the exsessive cursing. C-bombs and too many F words get annoying after a while.

2 Likes

Yeah. Not as intellectual as Love Island, Big Brother, Real Housewives and The Bachelors. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

TBN is also on FOXTEL, that’s more your style

Fair enough. So, to answer your question:

Perhaps because it’s not just about what David likes or dislikes. Binge obviously have a business case to justify putting it on again.

Although I am disappointed it’s behind a paywall since being picked up from SBS and C31, but given the choice of a paywall or not having the show at all, i will go for the paywall.

I don’t particularly have an issue with the language but when it’s repetitive it becomes boring.

8 Likes

Mitch McTaggart returns with The Last Year of Television 2023 for another hilarious, poignant and sobering look back at the year that was on our TV screens 28 December on BINGE.

2 Likes
2 Likes