The Bachelorette

Media release from

Love found!

The Bachelorette Australia season four had audiences falling in love. Total series audience UP on the last non-celebrity Bachelorette season.

It was third time’s a charm for Australia’s Bachelorette Ali Oetjen who found her true love with Taite in The Bachelorette Australia’s magical grand finale last night.

The Final Decision and Grand Finale dominated under 50s audiences and key demographics. They were the top two shows in under 50s, 16 to 39s, 18 to 49s and 25 to 54s. The Final Decision was the #1 program of the night in total people.

Total audience for the season was 796,000. This is up 3% from season two (cause let’s face it, we’re not going to directly compare Ali’s season to Sophie’s. I mean Sophie was a big name international celebrity!).

The increase was driven by a surge in BVOD viewing with the series averaging 128,000 catch-up viewers an episode, UP 86% from season two. For those wondering, the most popular catch-up episode was episode 10 (150,000) where Ali went on the ‘WTF?’ hometown dates.

The weekly Wednesday and Thursdays shows were consistently in the top three BVOD shows each week it was on air.

In terms of the key demographics, it was clear that the key younger demographics were captivated by Ali’s love story. The show dominated its timeslot across the series and was #1 in total people, under 50s and the key demographics (16 to 39s, 18 to 49s and 25 to 54s).

On social, the show had people talking and regularly trended #1 across Australia while it was on-air. Check out the social stats from the season.

• Facebook Season Total Reach : 11,055,443
  • Facebook Total Engagements: 101,297
  • Facebook Average Weekly Total Engagements: 16,882
  • Facebook: 188, 485 ‘likes’, up 4% on 2017.
  • Instagram: 142,718 followers, up 6% on 2017
  • Instagram: 8.4 million total Instagram reach
  • Instagram: 95,242 average post reach
  • Twitter: 22,135 followers, up 7% on 2017
  • Twitter Total Impressions: 2.4 million.

Network 10’s Chief Content Officer Beverley McGarvey said: “Ali was a wonderful Bachelorette who surprised many. She was honest, focused and determined in her journey to find love which is what this show is all about. Congratulations to Ali and Taite! We wish you all the best in the future.

“It was great to see audiences embrace this season across all platforms.

“My heartfelt thanks to the show’s sponsors for their support. Thank you also to the team at Warner Bros. for their tireless efforts in bringing this season to life, Stephen Tate 10’s executive producer for his commitment throughout the season and everyone else at 10 for their work in making this season a success.

“To the contestants, thank you for opening up your hearts to finding love. We will see some of you in Paradise!”

(Some ratings info removed to comply with OzTAM rules.)

Ten and Warner Brothers didn’t create the fake news. They just gave a couple of the contestants a nice holiday in Fiji for a few days and New Idea, 9Honey and the Daily Drivel took the bait and ran with the fake news story.

I think it’s a good tactic to use and it will create doubt over any similar shots in future seasons. I’m glad to see these magazines and news sites that try to spoil the endings of show for fans spoiled themselves.

5 Likes

Lol, nice way to spin it.

Even the press releases seem to have the 10 twist now.

They didn’t create it but they fueled it. Quite clever really.

1 Like

They actually even mentioned in the presser they weren’t going to compare to Sophie’s. fair enough really.

Well that makes a bit more sense rather than jut doing it to trick viewers. I wonder if Todd has stayed on to do The Bachelor in Paradise. He would surely be a shoe in but I have a feeling they will save him for The Bachelor.

Todd said this morning he is up for being the Bachelor.

1 Like

If only he was bi. I would definitely apply.

4 Likes

Bachelorette casting now

Now Cassandra Thorburn wants to be the next bachelorette.
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/fiona-byrne/cass-thorburns-next-steps-after-dancing-with-the-stars/news-story/42d81ffb6e7b819ad6ded6ef54a52218

Yuck! Really is desperate to be a “star”.

1 Like

Is that her solution to get back at Karl?

Could be, but I think she has next to no chance of being selected for the next season.

There’d be zero interest in her from viewers.

2 Likes

Gogglebox’s Angie is the next Bachelorette according to Who.

3 Likes

This would be great but I just wouldn’t beleive anything Who has to say.

1 Like

Ha! If true, Angie will get another chance to be on Gogglebox.

3 Likes
2 Likes

will deff will be watching:) so glad for angie:)

“Who” is usually one of the few credible women’s mags and in this case proven right again.