The Bachelor Australia

Awful idea. When 1 doesn’t work we resort to 3!

If the show’s premise has been a switch-off for viewers then I doubt they’ll get anywhere even if they have 100 Bachelors!

genius at Channel 10 decided to have 3 bachelors

Didn’t they axe this show? They really have nothing else.

No, they only axed Bachelor in Paradise. And no, they cant replace it with The Simpsons, if that is your next suggestion.

I can imagine the board meeting around the show and how to fix it. ‘Let’s have multiple bachelors’. Project signed off.

Really are clutching at straws now.

Can’t they just be done with it and just axe it? Is it really a make to break show for the network? Surely it’s not profitable at those previous ratings.

1 Like

Last year’s average rating for the show was 440,000. Even in total people terms that would be a considered a success if replicated this year especially as the show is heavily skewed to younger audiences and usually is on lower rated Wednesday and Thursday nights.

If they must stick with tentpole reality, create something new. It’s the same IAC/Survivor/MasterChef/Bachelor/Masked Singer shit year after year.

1 Like

Nine are also in the same boat with MAFS, Lego Masters, Ninja and The Block. Same schedule year after year. They don’t even attempt to switch them up.

1 Like

Such as? They’ve got two “new” ones coming up: Hunted and The Traitors. But they just look like variations of past shows so doibt they will be smash hits anyway.

Surprised they haven’t tried an Australian version of ‘Are You The One?’. Has dates and ceremonies like The Bachelor, and the ‘matchmaking’ pairings of MAFS that create a lot of drama.

It is probably a bit more mature, maybe more aimed at the M-rated MAFS audience, but the show is owned by Paramount (MTV). And I’m sure they could even tone it down a little for a PG timeslot.

I think the difficulty is the family-friendly style of The Bachelor, but MAFS has shown that audiences will tune in to more reality shows with more adult themes at a 7:30 slot.

1 Like

Check out the photos they chose to post of the women this year. Will this be on the show? Surely get ratings up!

With the new season of The Masked Singer to begin in Sydney on June 30, I think filming for The Bachelor will wrap up before then so that Osher can have a few days break between the two shows, and not having to fly between Sydney and Gold Coast.

EDIT: this is the Broadbeach Waters house the bachelorettes lived during the filming.

Could we see bachelor reborn as a more risqué 8.30pm show for this iteration? Could be a great way to rekindle interest in a dying franchise.

1 Like

Not with Ten being as risk averse as they are right now.

Love Island prob rates better

Three bachelors and three engagement rings.

:yawning_face: When is it over?