The Amazing Race

The encore idea is a good one in my opinionā€¦ and I think it would be good on an ongoing basis for all of their 7.30pm shows on 7flix. Foxtel have had the +2 channels for a long time and Iā€™m surprised we havenā€™t got anything like that on FTA. Whilst 7.30pm might be a more prime timeslot itā€™s up against greater competition and other established reality shows and Amazing Race has been late night on Thursdays for years.

Well, I hope my receiver locates the new channel in time to get TAR. I assume itā€™s already transmitting something, just so people can find it.

Yes - on channel 76 using MPEG 4 encoding so older sets may not receive.

What??? Then I donā€™t think Iā€™ll be able to receive it. Is Nine HD the same? I got a black screen for that when I looked at it recently. Can most people receive MPEG 4 now?

Yes. It seems TV sets older than 2009 are not compatible to pick up MPEG4.

Your attention is directed to this article :grinning: It should be pretty close to being up to date. There is a section on older televisions.

http://forums.mediaspy.org/t/why-can-t-i-receive-the-new-tv-channels-a-media-spy-guide-to-9hd-9life-7flix-ten-hd-and-win-hd/459?u=tv.cynic

Thanks, guys. So Seven will be cutting off a fair fraction of the usual TAR audience. as small as it is, by putting it there. They should put an encore on an another channel so those people can watch it. I havenā€™t heard if Foxtel will add 7flix.

P.S. TV Cynic, there is a ā€œ7lifeā€ in the Foxtel section of the article. Should that be ā€˜9lifeā€™? It says Foxtel doesnā€™t have it, but the Foxtel online guide shows it there now on channel 194.

I read 7flix will streamed live on Plus7 app, plus each episode will be posted on Plus7 website after its first TV broadcast, so it shouldnā€™t be too much of a problem.

Yeah, but that means having to stream it and watch it on a computer. Not ideal & far from convenient.

Yes - should have been 7flex

Foxtel says:

At this stage, 7Flix will not be available to Foxtel subscribers.

Weā€™d love to offer 7Flix to our customers through our set top boxes and are currently in discussions with Channel 7 about this. Weā€™ll let you know if/when this becomes availableā€¦

Note - even if you have an IQ3 that has a FTA tuner you still cannot get 7Flix through the IQ3

Currently watching the season premiere on 7flix (having already seen it on the net) and I feel Seven is showing the HD copy, because the picture quality is different.
Also, the opening graphics have changed from the last season.

The opener changes every season.

Are you talking about the team names being in a larger font?

No, only the cheap-arses that waited until the last few years to buy a digital TV. 7Flixā€™s abysmal ratings, lower than SBS2 even, this week prove that.

Hopefully Seven replay this on the main channel at some stage.

Yes - last minute addition to main channel also tonight @ 11.05pm

http://forums.mediaspy.org/t/seven-network-scheduling/41/113?u=tv.cynic

When Phil told the 11 teams to make their way to their nearest major airport to fly to Mexico City, I thought they would be travelling on maybe 11 different flights. But no, they were to meet at either Atlanta, Dallas or LA and catch a designated flight to Mexico. And how did the producers arrange a mass start for all teams in Mexico?

Yes thatā€™s what I was saying.

[quote=ā€œTV.Cynic, post:26, topic:479ā€]
Yes - last minute addition to main channel also tonight @ 11.05pm[/quote]

So that was 11.05 pm last night? Great, thanks for the notice Seven, NOT. Itā€™s like they are playing a joke on us.

1 Like

Yeah missed it. Useless.

Is that going to be a permanent thing? 7.30pm on 7Flix and then 11.05pm on 7? I think the late night repeat is a good idea.

The first episode was pretty good. I was worried this could be a gimmicky season with the social media stars but and it seems like a really interesting and fun cast. I didnā€™t like the start bit though where they all left from their home towns it all seemed extremely fake and staged as clearly they all arrived in Mexico at the exact same time. Iā€™m sure the show probably booked out 3 flights and ensured all were landed before letting the teams out.

Also I donā€™t like non-eliminations in the first week.

There is still a possible opening in the schedule for TAR on Thursday on the main channel but no advice yet.

I canā€™t get the Yahoo7 online guide to show the guide for Channel 7 atm, but thereā€™s no sign of TAR in the Foxtel guide for the main channel tonight. Are they going to add it at the last minute again or did they only ever intend to show one episode there to push viewers over to 7flix for the rest of the series?