The Amazing Race Australia

Not at all but you are rare. Like a unicorn. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Definitely not. Glad to have a female voice on the board.

3 Likes

I don’t hate it if Africa and Asia are the 2 continents (in addition to Australia) - They generally host the race’s hardest legs - Asian and African locations are the places that bring people out of the comfort zone - the language barrier, the cultural shock and the conditions are generally the most difficult to navigate in these areas.

I’d rather them spend more time in these locations than having them going to Europe or America for some easy legs in Western locations.

I agree, we should have more females on this site. Rather than just being a boys club.

1 Like
1 Like

Yes Australia is a continent in their count. From what I’ve read and in the promo’s it looks like they only travel to Asia and Africa.

I dunno I’m just not very impressed or excited with the promo. It seems like not a big range of locations and I’m seeing tasks in the promo that have been on the US season before. I fear this was rushed and won’t cover a lot of distance. No Europe, USA, South America or Middle east is a huge miss for me. I’m not saying that they need to go to all those places but I would have expected at least a couple more regions covered. Aussie’s most commonly travel to Asia, give us something different.

1 Like

Yeah I am feeling the same but I wouldn’t be surprised if they just wanted to get this to air quickly. Hopefully if this rates decently they will do a better season next year.

2 Likes

First team revealed: Missionary of God Sisters Judy and Therese.

3 Likes

First team eliminated. Not even God can work the miracle of them winning. Good promo though.

3 Likes

why would the promo department decide to advertise that they are only travelling to 2 other continents? Promos are supposed to entice the viewer in, let the viewers find out about the cost cutting once they are already committed.

1 Like

I’m not sure if it was the right move to use the nuns in their promos. People who are familiar with the format will understand that they may end up being great viewing, but I worry that people unfamiliar with the show will get the wrong idea of what the show is about.

Also the couple in the promos with the camel. Funny - maybe, but I don’t think the editing to include the sound effect when they bumped into each other was necessary. Makes it look ‘slapstick’ and again could give the wrong impression to new viewers.

2 Likes

I think they should focus on other numbers in the promo - 8 countries, (however many) cities, and (however many) kilometres - those are the numbers that they should be using to promote the show because those are the numbers that sound epic … “3 continents” doesn’t have the same ring to it.

Also, I don’t hate that they’ve limited travel to 3 continents - especially as the continent are the “Hard-Mode” continents of Asia and Africa - they generally have the harder legs in any given race as the racers are so outside of their comfort-zone (as the locations are less westernised). As long as the individual locations are all different from each other, I’m cool with whatever locations they do to.

(Also, be thankful that this isn’t Amazing Race Canada - where 90% of the race takes place in Canada)

5 Likes

Second team:

Looks like 10 will reveal one team per day via social media and press release.

1 Like

Season 4 premieres Monday October 28. Revealed during the announcement of the third team.

3 Likes

Revised promo endtag

5 Likes

Fourth team, Chris and Adrienne:

2 Likes

EDIT 13/10: fifth team confirmed to be former AFL player Tom Wilkinson and Tyler Roos, son of former AFL player and premiership coach Paul Roos. They previously played together for Southport in the North East Australian Football League.
Their participation was first revealed on the AFL website in August.

1 Like

Have they announced all of the teams yet? Someone has told me that one of the teams go to my F45 and I do classes with them regularly so interested to see who it is! I reckon I’ve seen maybe 3/4 of the teams from the promo’s but don’t recognise anyone yet.

1 Like

Only five teams have been announced (four via social media, press release and promos, one on Sunday Herald Sun).

1 Like

You didn’t notice them missing for filming for a number of weeks? Haha