The Amazing Race Australia

Climbing a mountain at that elevation after a day of reasonably physical activities isn’t exactly a simple stroll up a hill.

4 Likes

Here are my thoughts on the current season.

I like the diverse cast and most of the route, showcasing many different parts of Australia. It is like a big tourist advertisement when it is shown in more overseas countries (it is still on air in New Zealand).

Like many people here I feel the season was too long at 24 legs and had too many teams (16). I understand that 10 wanted a long race for ratings purposes, but by doing so it made the race less special. I also didn’t like the new features on the season like compulsory U-turns, intruders and First Class Pass.

If the show does return next year please keep it simple like the US version: 11 teams, 11 or 12 legs with 3 non-elimination. Show it just once per week and keep the episode length down to one hour. Make the U-turn optional. And start the race in Western Australia or Victoria given both states were not included in the season due to border shutdowns.

4 Likes

Seasons 1-4 are coming to Disney+ Star on May 21 according to Lifehacker.

1 Like
4 Likes

I am glad they are bringing it back. I was worried it wouldn’t return until 2023.

3 Likes

According to this article, filming of the next season will begin in February 2022 for 4-7 weeks. So we are looking at the July premiere after MasterChef, at the earliest.

5 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

Maybe build it into the rules make it more interesting, You have to isolate for 3 days. You;ll have to catch up to the other teams!

According to one website, filming began on March 5. That’s all I can post for now.

1 Like

No that would just be unfair.

5 Likes

According to this Tik Tok the Amazing Race is currently filming in Perth

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZSdkM2RVu/

3 Likes

Looks like Perth will be the finish line (like season 1 in November 2010).

3 Likes

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZSdkHAmAT/

A little bts of the Amazing Race and the “TV magic”

The start line of the new season is shown to be Melbourne’s Flemington Racecourse, according to tonight’s preview of what’s coming to 10 later this year.

1 Like

A few of the places in tonight’s promo Morocco, Greece, Turkey, Mexico, Colombia plus others not mentioned.

5 Likes

Amazing Places, Amazing People.

The Amazing Race Australia. Coming Soon To 10 And 10 Play On Demand.

Australia, dust off your passports and get your bags packed as The Amazing Race Australia is back for another big adventure, and this year we are racing around the world!

As international borders open up across the globe, so does the endless possibilities for the intrepid teams who will be racing across six continents and experiencing the extraordinary delights of international destinations such as Turkey, Greece, Belize, Morocco, Mexico and Colombia.

Coming soon to 10 in a world of pure imagination is The Amazing Race Australia, hosted by Beau Ryan and filled with amazing places and amazing people.

3 Likes

Amazing places, Amazing people, Amazing promo.

Especially love the animation at the end

3 Likes