The All New Monty

This was quite good for some light family friendly viewing. But just way too long at 2 hours. 90 minutes would have been enough.

4 Likes

It was PG, it you were looking for penis in such program, think again :roll_eyes:

It was PG with warning for some coarse language, but (surprisingly) no warning for nudity.
The show trended at No.4 on Twitter in Australia behind MasterChef.

No, there was. Seven’s classification was “PG” with “Mild Coarse Language, Sexual References & Some Nudity” broadcast in a warning in the top-left at the commencement of the program.

Hahaha it was more a joke about the content “nothing shown” in terms of crap format quality etc.

1 Like

With over a million viewers, expect a spin-off (Ladies’ night) featuring women.

3 Likes

Crap format quality. Yeah, I guess trying to raise awareness in men about making sure they get the appropriate checks as they get older is a crap idea.
Not a fan of a lot of the people who took part, but the message needs to be out there and good on them for taking the time and putting in the effort to help get it out there.

Encore on Thursday and Saturday nights

yay. More encores!

Seven announces ‘sister’ commission to THE REAL FULL MONTY

Channel Seven today confirmed one of the biggest and boldest hits of 2018 will be back in 2019 – but this time, it’s ladies’ night!

This ‘sister’ commission to THE REAL FULL MONTY will see eight female celebrities pull together to create a show-stopping performance, as they battle to overcome their nerves and inhibitions, learn to love their bodies and raise awareness for women’s health. Step aside boys, it’s THE REAL FULL MONTY: LADIES’ NIGHT!

Last week’s premiere and encore screenings of THE REAL FULL MONTY saw eight male celebrities bare all for men’s health awareness to the delight of more than 1.9 million Australians.

Shane Jacobson, Campbell Brown, Matt Cooper, Brendan “Jonesy” Jones, Jett Kenny, Sam Mac, Kris Smith and Brian “BT” Taylor performed the iconic strip tease from the 1997 20th Century Fox cinema classic The Full Monty, thrilling a packed theatre audience in Sydney and producing some unforgettable TV moments.

The troupe’s ballsy performance set social media alight with across-the-board support and praise for the stars’ efforts and many expressing a personal commitment to getting themselves checked out. Others shared inspiring stories of their own battles with cancer and positive outcomes from early detection.

The standard has been set and the ladies will have a lot to prove when they take to the stage for their own empowering, moment of glory.

Who will dare to bare this time for a worthy cause?

4 Likes

How much money did the male version actually raise for charity and have Seven handed it over?

I thought it was to raise awareness of something rather than make money.

5 Likes

Oh I thought people could ring to donate. Should have watched.

The aim was raising awareness of men’s health issues particularly Testicular Cancer which can affect men in their early 20s.

3 Likes

Great and smart commission, hopefully it won’t be too long down the track though. Makes sense having women now. And a ratings hit too, so not like it does Seven any damage, even if that seems poor taste to the public.

Has there been Twitter outrage?

They will probably show in exactly a year from now. Unless they plan a Ladies Night edition and show it between My Kitchen Rules and House Rules and then have another men’s edition at this time of year.

No, as in to the public discussing ratings might seem distasteful when it’s for a good cause.

Just checked the calendar and it’s 2018.

Who are the people who are outraged and find this distasteful?

1 Like

I thought it was primarily to raise awareness of the products of Seven’s advertisers :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like