Thai Soccer Team Cave Rescue - Media Coverage

Now that is a first! As far as I’m aware, Seven Perth have never used a different desk graphic other than the typical 7 NEWS logo since the set’s debut in 2015! Wonder if they’ll utilize it more since they appear to be using it… :thinking:

2 Likes

Another first for 7 news at the closing Amelia Said “More coverage from 5am on sunrise im Amelia Broun Goodnight”
I can’t remember the last time a Perth presenter signed off with there name!!!

1 Like

Just the opener from Perth showing the desk

1 Like

Seven proving tonight that they can indeed run to schedule late at night if they want to, special bulletin started at 10pm on the dot.

These late specials have been great, not sure if he would want to do it due to his kids but a 10pm news/public affairs style show with Michael Usher could be fantastic. It won’t happen, I know, but we can dream.

5 Likes

TEN covered the developments last night fantastically… there was no need for bulletins or breaking into programming, what possibly could be said to fill 30 minutes???

A breaking news strap and a fresh update for those that missed the super is perfect.

Ross Dagan for the win.

4 Likes

EDIT: The Project went live into Perth to redo their east coast Thai coverage with live crosses back to Amber. This Perth edition was then used as the encore ep. Awesome job.

8 Likes

I henceforth name this forum Lexingtonspy

3 Likes

oh pish posh, I’ve just got good sources :wink:

1 Like

Those Ten Breaking News supers would look great in their actual bulletin #relaunch

1 Like

1 Like

5 Likes

3 Likes

Seven managed to fill a 50 minute news bulletin quite easily (though they were helped by developments occuring during it)

did TEN get the points across? yes? I rest my case.

2 Likes

1 Like

Another special bulletin on Seven at 10pm with Michael Usher tonight.

2 Likes

Will be an interesting night. The operation has included taking 4 boys at a time. There are 5 remaining including the 25yo coach. Will they bring 3 out and 2 tomorrow? Or will they all be freed tonight and the operation over? It will be interesting either way. Expecting top shelf coverage from 7 again, not so much from 9.

UPDATE: Twitter is saying that all will be freed tonight but it will take longer as 3 Thai Navy Seals that have been with the group will also need to come out. However, nothing confirmed.

1 Like

Nine reporter Alice Monfries said at 3pm the rescue for the last 4 boys and coach is underway it started a few hours ago.
ABC also reporting this.

Exclusive videos :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

ten daily breaking news email

Watch ten daily’s 24-hour coverage as divers race to rescue the remaining five trapped inside Tham Luang cave.