Thai Soccer Team Cave Rescue - Media Coverage

Seven wrapping up coverage now. (10:50pm)

Sunrise @ 5:00am tomorrow.

Altogether tonight, Seven managed to get fifty minutes of coverage. Compared to 7 minutes on Nine.
No signs of an extended Today show.

Seven’s coverage nearly uploaded.

1 Like

Seven have really nailed this.

Chris Reason doing a top job.

20 Likes

I really love these straps.

Not going to lie, haven’t been able to watch much of the coverages. But tuned-in to a confused Ch 9 (the EPG changed three times in 5 minutes) for Footy Classified… Which did not start.

Got a 10min news break with Peter Overton, it was as the above comment alluded to pretty poor, with Peter fluffing his very first word “good” (morning? afternoon? evening?) and reporter Alice Monfires clearly getting frustrated with a producer, removing her ear piece after each time Peter spoke to her.

And I reckon I saw more about the Beaconsfield Mine re-hashed and an interview with survivor Todd from Melbourne, than actual news from Thailand.

4 Likes

I’m finished for tonight, @TV.Cynic, would you be able to cap some of the Perth special?

Here’s Seven’s coverage

1 Like

There’s really no point doing an early morning bulletin. The rescues won’t resume until after 10am Thai time so there is nothing more to report than what was reported in this evening’s updates,.

After several years of Ten being in the wilderness when it comes to breaking news, it’s fabulous seeing the network making an effort and doing a great job.

5 Likes

7 Perth 10pm update

5 Likes

Now that is a first! As far as I’m aware, Seven Perth have never used a different desk graphic other than the typical 7 NEWS logo since the set’s debut in 2015! Wonder if they’ll utilize it more since they appear to be using it… :thinking:

2 Likes

Another first for 7 news at the closing Amelia Said “More coverage from 5am on sunrise im Amelia Broun Goodnight”
I can’t remember the last time a Perth presenter signed off with there name!!!

1 Like

Just the opener from Perth showing the desk

1 Like

Seven proving tonight that they can indeed run to schedule late at night if they want to, special bulletin started at 10pm on the dot.

These late specials have been great, not sure if he would want to do it due to his kids but a 10pm news/public affairs style show with Michael Usher could be fantastic. It won’t happen, I know, but we can dream.

5 Likes

TEN covered the developments last night fantastically… there was no need for bulletins or breaking into programming, what possibly could be said to fill 30 minutes???

A breaking news strap and a fresh update for those that missed the super is perfect.

Ross Dagan for the win.

4 Likes

EDIT: The Project went live into Perth to redo their east coast Thai coverage with live crosses back to Amber. This Perth edition was then used as the encore ep. Awesome job.

8 Likes

I henceforth name this forum Lexingtonspy

3 Likes

oh pish posh, I’ve just got good sources :wink:

1 Like

Those Ten Breaking News supers would look great in their actual bulletin #relaunch

1 Like

1 Like

5 Likes

3 Likes

Seven managed to fill a 50 minute news bulletin quite easily (though they were helped by developments occuring during it)