Test Cards and Other Internal Content

Bit of creativity never hurt :joy:
I guess the later introduction means there’s not the tradition and standard that say the UK might have, not the strictness of perhaps a China etc. Also, Australian content rarely goes overseas in the way that BBC content does, where the standardisation might be more important.

1 Like

The only ones I notice regularly with a clock seem to come from UK and BBC.

3 Likes

There’s generally no set industry standard - save for a dot or circle on the frame immediately before first frame of vision back in the days of cart delivery for tvc’s… you’d often see them go to air with misaligned cart players and presentation co-ords would forever be reingesting the clip to try and align it properly.

Countdowns are generally used from 10 seconds - clocks from 30. I guess UK networks prefer the clocks.

These days they’re obsolete with segments being delivered by FTP means (1 per seg)

1 Like

That’s an internal playout stack from TVNZ showing hit times from one of TVNZ’s channels. Looks like a tailored international feed for the South Pacific. This may be for recipient stations taking some or all of the programming from this feed. Unusual it is on open display on a satellite feed. These event stacks are usually IP delivered these days.

1 Like

Welllll not really open, it is encrypted :wink:

2 Likes

Posted re last night’s late news out of NBN.

2 Likes

Correction, that is out of QTQ, not NBN.
NBN lost its control room when they moved to the new building.

See:

1 Like

Look at the test patterns in the Assigns, reads as QTQ, not TCN (ODS), nor STW.

I don’t doubt it was remote controlled from Perth but this to me is a shot of the QTQ control room monitor wall.

True, why would it have QLD time first as well?

That to me is NBNs control wall that they have outside of the studio.

The ceiling above looks the same - these taken from NBNs News Director recently.

1 Like

NBN no longer has a control room.

1 Like

Caught this one last night while tuning around on my satellite dishes

Came off Intelsat 19

4 Likes
1 Like

It appears Nine/News Orgs aren’t given a feed from the Federal Court and are just taking the YouTube feed.

(ignore the pointless in the corner, I was trying to catch if 9 would break into programming)

3 Likes

This is what you see if you try and watch Aljazeera on Fetch TV. Fetch need to reconfigure their downlink

6 Likes

Not 100% true. They have a control desk in front of those monitors and they have another row of seats behind that in their control room in Newcastle.

1 Like

9 Cricket Commentators Data Feed at the Gabba in 2017: (this is from the BT Sport box so the feed is in miles/hour and International Score Format)

4 Likes

You can also get it FTA on Optus D3 as Foxtel don’t encrypt it… YET… Give them time I am sure they will end up encrypting it one day like they did to the MPEG2 ABC channels

Also I didn’t note it on Asia 7 last time I spun my dish and did a scan

1 Like

During a promo tonight

4 Likes