Nine News Late

It’s the new normal…

1 Like
8 Likes

Perhaps contract negotiations are comping up with some prominent readers and Nine are demonstrating that no-one is irreplaceable :wink:

7 Likes

Building in redundancy in case a cyber attack affects a number of stations?

I was worried the static Newcastle backdrop and NBN News logo might make a unscheduled appearance! Looks like I need not have worried. And as I have noticed in the past how Newcastle likes to put its NBN logo in the network product.

2 Likes

“remote controlled from Perth routed through Sydney, read in Newcastle.”

15 Likes

Which city was that backdrop, or is it generic?

1 Like

Lucky they didn’t do any wideshots :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

17 Likes

Shh!! It’s the magic of tv

3 Likes

The one usually used

6 Likes

Interesting. Surely it would make more sense to use someone else from Perth rather than having a constant rotating set of presenters?

4 Likes

It would probably cost them money to have a dedicated person in Perth vs rostering it in as “reasonable overtime” across the country.

I like the look and feel of it moving around, I think they should make a feature of it.

5 Likes

This makes me wonder, where is it normally controlled from? Is it the city that it’s coming from, or always from Perth? I know Newcastle doesn’t have it’s own control room so had to controlled from elsewhere, but Perth and not Brisbane or Sydney?

1 Like

Tracy Vo should do Sunday to Wednesday and Monica Kos on Thursdays

7 Likes

I guess that’s one way of really making it the All Australian News… :joy:

10 Likes

NBN News is normally controlled from QTQ Brisbane last time I heard.

But with tech it can probably be controlled from anywhere

They probably controlled it from Perth because it is earlier in the evening.

1 Like

On a side note… I believe NBN News uses “Wavelengths” provided by TPG Telecom to transport video. It allows them to transport raw HD SDI video… (NOT TCP/IP based)… so latency is incredibly low for remote switching.

They use Packetlight equipment on prem to achieve this… they just insert the HD-SDI SFP modules into the packetlight equipment and that connects to TPG’s network via OTN

Links to see what they use
https://www.tpgtelecom.com.au/business-solutions/data/wavelength

AND

3 Likes

Sounds like an extension/evolution of what they started with SPT/Soul

1 Like

This is interesting. I wonder if there will be further movements around the presenting of 9 News Perth. Still rating quite poor. Monika would be a better choice.

3 Likes

It’s probably not going to matter what they do.

Just have to wait for Rick and Sue to retire or for Seven to stuff it up.