Ten's Early Evening Woes

Nine had Tim Campbell 11 years ago and it backfired spectacularly only lasting a month before being axed and replaced by Antiques reruns until the launch of Hot Seat.

The question is whether news will rate more thank 170k that pointless rates. Probably yes. Therefore what is the cheapest option? If they can get 200-300k for 6pm news content for not much extra money than producing a new show then they might as well just do that.

1 Like

They could extend The Project so it runs 6-7.30

Move neighbours back. Might as well.
Earlier slot on ten rerun on 11.
I just don’t see any games how doing anything massive in figures at 6pm.

Sorry, do we know how’s many episodes of Pointless are left, there was be 4-5 weeks left.

No f&^%ing way. It already suffers enough in its 6:30 slot. Local programming - as in news - is the way to go in that timeslot.

Been saying that here for 20 years.

Ten are hiring more staff around the country, I could see a National edition of TEN Evening News.

1 Like

There are not enough viewers for national news in the early evening.

What…?

Nobody watches national news in the evening.

1 Like

The affiliation swap was why Family Feud died. We can all thanks the current WIN News timeslot for that!

Negative. Family Feud was long dead before WIN came about. Why would 10 axe a show that is purely based on bad regional figures?

6 Likes

Yep, I agree.

While the ratings in regional Australia shouldn’t be ignored, something like 60% of Australia lives in one of the five main metropolitan markets. Regional markets aren’t Ten’s concern, those are mostly WIN’s issue (with a minor role from SCA and joint ventures).

1 Like

With 10 struggling in this 6:00pm timeslot since the Simpsons. 10 surely must be considering commissioning something new. I know in other threads already there have been suggestions such as Crime Watch Daily. What does 10 do from here?

1 Like

5:00 10 News First
6:00 10 News First
7:00 The Project at 7

You heard it here first!

OK, I’m joking about the “you heard it here first” but this is what I think Ten is thinking. And it’s the best option.

By the way, to the above comment (“10 surely must be considering commissioning something new”) yes, you can’t get much more “new” than news.

No local Project at 6:30 - Local news rates better + Local Project is soooo expensive.

2 Likes

Neighbours or News is my pick.

I’d happily watch Burgo doing the game shows from Balls of Steel. Classification might be an issue though.

Just move News into 6pm - National Bulletin, should hold the 400k that watch News First @ 5 and a better flow into The Project at 6:30.

It’s also a brand that has the ability to grow and build in the slot. If a gameshow doesn’t fire it is unlikely to ever increase its audience.

@lexington @Bob Any hints at what is going to happen next? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like