Ten's Early Evening Woes

They should experiment with something food themed - Australian version of the kind of so bad it’s good content on SBS Food Network or whatever that Netflix show is - nailed it?

Or just get the great Australian bake off from Foxtel.

Problem is the only justification for it airing for an hour now is that Ten have nothing else to air. WIN does, but not Ten. Same with Studio 10, absolute nonsense it now always airs for 3.5 hours per day.

1 Like

Come dine with me!

1 Like

I’m sure Foxtel are in a good mood to negotiate with Ten. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

All these ideas and i bet not one of you would watch that show haha! Obvoiusly people are automatically wanting news at 6. So any type of news programming would be good.

Does Foxtel still produce new episodes?

Not “any type” because they have been tried and failed.

What do you mean? Don’t get me started on the deliberate “failed” news revolution.

Exactly what I said. You can’t just chuck any type of news program in there.

They tried national news, extending the news and a quality current affairs shows in that slot. They also had The Project at 6pm for a while. None of those worked for long.

1 Like

As i have posted before…it failed as they were cut quickly. It takes years to get new viewers. Also to do with the board/owners at the time.

2 Likes

Aussie Come Dine With Me would be great. Cheap enough to pump out 4/5 nights week. Funny option for the time slot and very ‘ten’.

Didn’t 9 originally announce a celebrity version of this but then didn’t proceed with going into production? They may be sitting on the rights to either version.

Too early for that kind of programming. It wouldn’t rate. A news program would still be cheaper to produce.

As i said in the family feud thread - i’d like to see a revival of a local version of jeopardy!

Was that not Come Date With Me?

Definitely dine with me, but you could be forgiven for thinking it was possibly yet another dating show.

1 Like

Oh maybe it was ten that had come date with me

Ten has already screened Come Date With Me over on ELEVEN

2 Likes

That last idea sounds like The Project so Ten has already tried all of your ideas. Someone should do a article on all of the shows Ten has tried at 6pm over the years. I used to have the list somewhere

If Ten had MAFS this would be the time you’d move it to 6pm and try a new reality tentpole at 7:30pm. Try and force people away from their 6pm nightly news habit.

Ten has the Melbourne Cup now so get the VRC to move the race to 6pm. Surely people will watch the cup over news?

A couple of years ago, Seven asked Moonee Valley Racing Club to move the Cox Plate race to 5.45pm to provide a good lead-in to the 6pm Melbourne bulletin. It failed so the race was moved back to 5pm. Having the Melbourne Cup race at 6pm won’t work.