Ten's 4th channel

The only 4th channel I would like to possibly see is a +1 channel. But this could cost more than it is worth…

There isn’t much evidence so far that a 4th channel delivers any more viewers. Look at Nine, that has its going the longest (as well as a HD simulcast). Despite have an advantage of offering four programs the network has had its worse start to the ratings year this century. So far, 7Flix has also had no impact on Seven’s share. About the only fourth channel to make an impact is SBS Food - even though it hasn’t set any records, SBS’s share was is low that it has had a proportionally bigger impact.

Ten essentially did that with Eleven which was launched in partnership with CBS. Would be interesting if they could launch another channel via outsourcing. Bruce Gordon with his investment in Ten could persuade Ten to open a 4th channel with his Crawfords back catalogue and form a retro channel :grin:

Surely this would erode any DVD sales they get, plus if Bruce was keen, this would have occurred via WIN a long time ago

Hey thats my thought too with the eTen concept

Ten Plus 2 on Channel 12, Same Ten Programming airing Two Hours Later.

1 Like

I’d say a movie channel but I don’t know how large Ten’s movie collection is (considering they play Taken every 2 weeks lol)

2 Likes

Ten would not be able to rebrand Tenplay as TenNow as it would likely breach copyright due to its similarity to 9Now. I don’t think that there’s anything wrong with the Tenplay name.

Anyway, my proposal for Ten’s multichannel branding:

Ten
Ten HD
Ten Hit (rebranded Eleven: youthful vibe)
Ten World (rebranded One: sport, docos)

Ten Play (online VOD catch-up and live streaming)

Ten really needs to pick up the pace. ABC, SBS and Seven had their multichannel branding down from day 1 while Nine jumped aboard during their branding reshuffle last year.

2 Likes

Ten4. Could get Burt Reynolds to do the promos.

2 Likes

Ten4 - Roger that, all trucking channel… Convoy anyone?

4 Likes

TenReality

UK, Canadian, New Zealand (maybe USA ??) and Asian reality shows TAR, big brother, The Apprentice and other franchises
lots of content and not all of it reaches us via other pay tv services

How about TenT… The camping channel. Take that description however you want to.

5 Likes

Probably not a bad idea. Survivor NZ. But I think they would be better off using content they already have. They have plenty of American content from their CBS deal and could quite easily show SVU and NCIS Franchise in repeats. A Crime Network would not be hard to set up and would not be costly to Ten.

I still think they should go with

Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen

With Ten HD broadcast on Channel 1 and later when it takes over Channel 10, Channel 1 could keep showing Ten SD.

3 Likes

I personally feel Ten should not concentrate on doing a fourth channel. Honestly what could be possible left that hasn’t been done left by FOXTEL or by the other free to air stations?

Just become Fox10 already and air non stop Simpsons.

7 Likes

Groan :hushed:

They could probably do that on One or Eleven now. Not really worth a whole new channel.

No need for a fourth channel. Let’s just get content for the main channel and improve the news output.

I agree.

Improved content for the existing channels, an improved news output and On-Air Presentation relaunches (especially for the main channel, One and Ten Eyewitness News) need to be a bigger priority for Ten in 2017 over a 4th channel.

2 Likes

One is fine in its current format. A crime channel perhaps