Ten (West Digital Television)

The regional TV ratings for the week of 4-10 July (the first full week since the affiliation swap) revealed that 10 Bold rated higher than 10’s main channel in Regional WA! :open_mouth:

5 Likes

And the Nine ratings have skyrocketed upwards in WA, while the Ten ratings have dropped. WDT was worth nothing. It’s now probably worth less than nothing.

1 Like

Its weird how just a channel number change and a HD swap is all it took for ratings to skyrocket.

13 Likes

Fifth behind SBS, on combined network WDT Bold lifted it into fourth. Ash Barty’s final match the highest rating program of the week across the market on Nine on WIN.

3 Likes

So much has changed for Nine viewers in WA now that it’s on WIN. Not so much for Eddie’s attire…

8 Likes
4 Likes

7 clearly have little interest in day to day ops of these JVs.

1 Like

Why would they? They’ve inherited them and even Prime only had a share in them to minimise competition. There’s no benefit to Seven to promote another network’s content.

1 Like

I believe GWN7’s station manager was the sole representative for WDT since it launched, so it was Seven’s call. But it makes sense to get rid of the responsibility and leave it for a more suitable operator with an almost national sales coverage for 10.

I wonder if we’ll see some kind of branding for these stations now? I don’t think a brand has been seen since getting back 10 affiliation.

1 Like

SCA never really used branding of its own even before the original affiliation swap (aside from noodle updates and the occasional SCA10 “star” brand on adverts). I’d count on zero noticeable differences.

5 Likes

SCA has no plans to buy western digital television or Mildura digital television. Whoever owns prime will continue to own half of those stations

I wasn’t suggesting they would?

2 Likes

Yesssss!

54 WA on high rotation inside a country WA McDonalds restaurant. With sound on too - competing with the restaurant top 40 background music. :+1:

14 Likes

Been keeping an eye on WDT today to see if they are also using SCA sponsors like 10 NNSW. Haven’t seen one yet, but they are doing something different. Instead of airing Crawfords or Harvey Norman sponsors they’re using shortened promos instead. I assume these were just fillers anyway, so it makes sense.

So, I probably won’t see an SCA sponsor until a business actually pays for one now!

2 Likes

Found one tonight during The Living Room:

Here are two commercial breaks from Perth and WDT side by side. First break shows the SCA style sponsor above. Second break shows how they’re now using short promos to cover some metro sponsors.

9 Likes

Looks like the secret is out!

At my local Rec Centre this time.
I wonder if we will see advertisers wanting to capitalize on this free exposure soon…

7 Likes

Just noticed new signage on the SCA building, 1 Spencer Street Bunbury, featuring the Channel 10 logo.

I believe West Digital previously operated out of 62 Spencer Street - the 7Regional offices in Bunbury.

Have we had a change of ownership, or have advertising activities been outsourced to SCA, I wonder?

1 Like

Pretty sure it was announced a while ago that SCA was handling the sales for the 10 JVs nationwide.

4 Likes

I believe that WIN and 7 WA regional (formerly GWN) still operate a JV on WDT.

2 Likes

That joint venture of owning the station would be still there, but there’s nothing stopping them outsourcing the its sales to SCA, if it brings them more cash by getting a slice of an all-of-regional Network 10 buy.

Probably lets the Seven folk at the old GWN headquarters concentrate on selling Seven too, which is probably what national HQ would want of them now.

3 Likes