Ten Sport

Teams on 10 is back for another season, airing tonight across 10’s social channels and on 10 play.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMbcyThjLrW/?igshid=dzpr9moa13x

4 Likes

It should be on the actual TV

2 Likes

Yeah even if it just aired in AFL states I think it would be good.

1 Like

I guess it will be announced soon, but 10 has picked up streaming rights to Bellator MMA, owned by its parent company ViacomCBS.

It was announced earlier this year that the fight series would exclusively air on Showtime in the US.

It also recently announced a deal to air on BBC in the UK, streaming on iPlayer.

1 Like

anyone who watched F1 on Nein (as it was known at the time amongst fans) will point to multiple issues with the broadcast including issues where a race went to a break, than when we came back, the same segment played again showing the same laps we had just seen. When the advert played the correct segment played, missing around 6 laps.

they also often played races on tape delay and than gave the winner in a newsbreak during the broadcast. this was not a one off thing but happened frequently.

I was in the paddock at albert park when 10 revealed not only did they get the race rights but they would show quali in full. there was a lot of excitement among fans as previously quali was a 30 second package before the race.

even when 10 and fox were showing races togther a lot of passionate fans went to fox as fox was also showing practice and the F1 show from the (arguably) superior Sky Sports F1 channel (along with the pre and post race coverage) with there commentators when 10 was showing the ITV Coverage.

1 Like

Wierd af.

Is it airing on 10, or just on 10Play/AllAccess?

I’d say just 10 play, as that’s what is listed on the schedule.

Bellator MMA is owned by ViacomCBS, so I’d say that’s how they’ve ended up with it.

1 Like

Bellator was all on Spike, but now Spike just appears to have old repeats … the same as the rest of the channel.

1 Like

When Bellator was over on ONE they showed full coverage but on delay I think. Strange for it to be on 10Play only. I would understand it being shown first on 10Play followed by a delayed telecast on Bold.

Why restrict to just 10Play doesn’t make any sense. Or even just have majority of the telecast on 10Play and select on Bold similar to how they use to do UFC. Major events shown live on ONE and minor events, by just showing the prelims.

1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes

Steph Clarkson, daughter of Hawthorn premiership coach Alastair Clarkson, has joined Teams on 10 alongside Dylan Buckley and Nick Butler, according to today’s Herald Sun.

1 Like

Buried in this article about the NRL’s plans to split the competition into 2 conferences is a nugget about the FTA rights. Apparently, the league have told the clubs that 10 are interested in acquiring the FTA rights from 2023 (ie; after Nine’s current deal ends)

6 Likes

I like the conference idea although I don’t agree with a second NZ team. I think a team in Perth would be more appropriate.

Interesting about 10… you’d wonder if they’d actually bid for it. Maybe if they can also stream on paramount+

4 Likes

Not sold on the conference idea

2 Likes

Other teams in the non-Sydney conference would include the Broncos, Titans, Cowboys, Storm, Warriors, Knights and Raiders.

Storm v Raiders being the only game worth watching out of that list.

1 Like

If Ten do get the rights they would need more rugby league reporters on their 10 Sport stable whether it be for their bulletin or even magazine programs.

When 10 were last chasing the NRL rights nearly a decade ago, they had all these magazine programs on air. Like One Week At A Time and The Game Plan

If 10 gets the next NRL rights it has to bring these shows back.

1 Like

They need to become the NRL station. Similar to when they had the AFL but more.

3 Likes

If Ten were to get the NRL broadcasting rights, hopefully they’d invest a bit more into their news service as well as their sports coverage so that NSW/Queensland viewers will watch the network more often. Currently it’s a joke.

4 Likes