Ten Sport

gottaluvit on MediaSpy

1 Like

It wasnā€™t your fault, hopefully you get the old thread back! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The old Ten Sport thread was like the only thread I had created, outside of Hughesy, We Have A Problem.

I hope to see Ten Sport gain more sporting events in the not too distant future.

2 Likes

Can we start using the numerals 10, rather than Ten, now?

No, for the same reason we donā€™t do it for Seven or Nine. Weā€™ve always gone by the word rather than the numeral in our thread titling, regardless of how the network stylises it.

6 Likes

Itā€™s not stylised though, 10 even put out a release at the time stating thatā€™s how they officially now want it to be (i.e.) 10 everything.

Just saying :slight_smile:

That sounds like a style guide, still.

Unless we change every thread to numerals I canā€™t see it changing. People know the thread is about, thereā€™s no ambiguity.

4 Likes

Dude, that is literally what stylised is.

3 Likes

They used to say the same about using ā€œTENā€. We didnā€™t follow it then, either.

2 Likes

Holy fuck.

Iā€™ve been here 9 years and have never seen a mod lay down the law like this. Goddamn that is brutal and I love it.

10 Likes

Fair enough. I just think now the network officially goes by 10 and wants that, why not.

In the past I would definitely agree, officially it was Ten. And Seven and Nine are still Seven and Nine so thatā€™s fair.

Normally we donā€™t enforce the rules publicly like this - but abusing staff is not on

4 Likes

Just because a network publicist wants us to do something, weā€™re not obliged to follow their PR spin :wink:

3 Likes

Oh Bugga now where will we see all the stuff that wonā€™t happen, my daily laugh has been vanished.

Great work Mods!! :+1:

I, too, make sure to make typos while calling other people incompetent.

3 Likes

The new V8 season has been announced but no tv details as yet.

You wonder what ten are thinking now with this sport. . If seven sign an extension with the afl theyā€™ll be shut out from that. The NRL looks like an extension for fox but not 9 so would ten want a dregs rugby league deal?
Maybe the V8s is back on the radar given there will be no other rights for a long long time. There was speculation they were no Longer interested in it. If it involves fox they probably wouldnā€™t want it.

According to the former CA chairman, yes, thatā€™s what 10 get :wink:

2 Likes

Its worth noting that while we have a calendar, its a bit skint on detail (on purpose).

The only event thats been locked in with a format is the first visit to Bathurst in October as an enduro. The rest are supposedly being sorted out, but based on the calendar of 2-day events, it might be a lot of SuperSprint rounds, however Supercars have said they are looking at how they can extend the enduro series to other rounds.

Its likely that the first few rounds may have a minimal TV presence at the track too - especially if the restrictions on people at outdoor venues remain capped.

Based on the new schedule, the scrapping of Gold Coast and Newcastle races means 10 has less events to show live, as both are included in the networkā€™s live arrangement with Fox Sports.

Theoretically, Newcastle would be replaced by the second Bathurst (as the season finale) - but that could be complicated by whatever GT event it will be joined with (the event is taking place of the 12hr, but its expected that there will be a GT element to the round)

Ten had the rights for the Melbourne GP round as well - Iā€™m not sure if that round was dealt with separately or not in terms of the rights, but it was cancelled before Ten got any coverage so there could be another round that Ten gets as a replacement

1 Like