Ten Sport

Key words: Used to.

2 Likes

As mentioned earlier - 10 Sport has the A-League. Again. Along with Paramount+.

Ten was there when the PSL started and had previously broadcast Sydney club soccer live on weekend afternoons.

I know. It’s where Les Murray got his start.

4 Likes

Good to see 10 returning to premium sport after losing the Big Bash League rights. 10 reinvented AFL and BBL coverage and no doubt will do the same thing for football

6 Likes

Details from 10 of A League deal

2 Likes

Fantastic to see Channel 10 regain the A-League Soccer rights for the first time since May 2019. As well, good to see A-League soccer on the primary channel in HD, which is a one step up. Hopefully this will provide a boost in Saturday night ratings.

2 Likes

3 Likes
2 Likes

A new era for the A-League

Hopefully this works out for Ten and Paramount+.

Who knows, they may even bring back some mainstream interest back on the sport.

Yeh I hope it works. We all
Know that it won’t deliver huge numbers but hopefully the benefit for ten will be that it brings new eyeballs to their channels which may hopefully rub off on their other shows and that it helps to make their paramount plus offer more compelling and therefore profitable.
Hopefully they can put a little magic into the sport like they did to the big bash years ago. I would like to see them nab more coverage though ( like the international games and overseas leagues) so they truly become the home of soccer

Just throwing it out there, could we see Natalie Yoannidis as part of 10’s A-League/W-League coverage?

3 Likes

I’d say she’d be used someway, being former FSN.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Disappointing for Channel 10

Why isn’t Andrews replacing it with a virtual F1 Grand Prix?

1 Like

Zoom GP.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if the governing body of F1 take this off Australia for the future. We are fucking them around too much here.

2 Likes

Doubt it considering Melbourne/Australia isn’t the only place where an F1 round has been cancelled 2 years in a row - the same thing has happened with the Canadian GP as well

2 Likes