Ten News First Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

In 2-3 hours more happens than 1 hour or 30 minutes where basically nothing changes and if it does it takes that amount of time for the story to make its way to the Newsroom.

With Chris Bath at the helm I don’t see this ever happening. But we all need to remember that this “National” weekend bulletin isn’t new, its been going on for quite some time since 1994 or 95? . I still remember Bill Woods presenting them from the small ‘L’ looking shaped national set.

Perth had a seperate live weekend bulletin from the east when it was half hour news and Sports Tonight.

Sunday -

Scott Tweedie is presenting weather from South Bank in Brisbane tonight.

2 Likes

Had a tough start to life in metro with nowhere bleaker to work in than the four person 4BC newsroom with Scott ‘I thought retired in the 80’s’ McKinlay as news director.

Not running local metro bulletins on the weekend is ridiculous wherever you are.

No @Nicholas. Brisbane doesn’t need a person who can’t deliver a clear news script.

And 10 has disgraced themselves since then.

2 Likes

Of course it’s not new. Local weekend news was axed in 1994, but made a brief return in 2011 for 6 months at 6pm. Also, Melbourne and Adelaide had local editions on Saturdays during the AFL season, from 2006-2010.

Neither less, weekend editions may return one day. It’s a financial business decision. Next year the national weekend bulletin will be a better product, with Chris Bath presenting, extra resources added around the country, and an updated WA edition. The network is moving in the right direction.

2 Likes

Mediaspy: TEN NEEDS LOCAL WEEKEND NEWS.
Also Mediaspy: TEN NEEDS TO INVEST IN THEIR 5PM WEEKDAY BULLETINS FIRST.

sigh.

8 Likes

lots of people have diff opinions, it’s fine dude

6 Likes

When I originally brought this up about local weekend news, I was only mocking a lineup.
I don’t actually intend 10 to start this up any time soon, and as you pointed out, investing in additional resources for their 5PM news and further expansion is much more important right now.

3 Likes

6 Likes

What are recourses? What is this term?

1 Like

have both, but not right now.

1 Like

Candice Wyatt is presenting in Melbourne this week.

1 Like

Georgia Love is presenting the weather for the next 3 weeks.

2 Likes

Georgia is presenting Melbourne weather along with the national weather this weekend.

Caty Price presenting sport in Melbourne again this week.

1 Like

Monday 31 December -

Lachlan Kennedy is presenting in Sydney again this week with Emma Lawrence presenting sport and Amanda Hart presenting weather this week.

2 Likes

Monday (31.12.2018) -Friday (04.01.2018): Joe Hill is presenting in Brisbane this week with Pippa Sheehan on weather. Veronica Eggleton is on sport.

4 Likes

Those numbers won’t improve with him there.

1 Like

Melbourne reporter Kristina Costalos presented Weather on 10 News First Melbourne last night

4 Likes

Good on her. She was a great talent in Brisbane & the Gold Coast, lovely person too.

2 Likes

She did a great job last night. :clap:
Did she ever do any presenting in Brisbane or the Gold Coast?