Ten News First Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

just freelancing I hear, maybe for a month…

1 Like

And Sunday night.

Candice Wyatt just added a video to her Instagram story of her sitting behind the news desk (presumably reading news updates) with the caption “Something exciting is coming…”

Wonder what it could be? :thinking:

2 Likes

I couldn’t see it on her Instagram account.

Same here

@William_C and @Nicholas its not on her account, its on her story. Which is only viewable in the iOS or Android app as far as I know.

A couple of screenshots:

1 Like

New set in Melbourne perhaps? New promo?

Not even going to bother asking if its a new bulletin.

8 Likes

I can’t imagine that it’s a new Melbourne news set when Ten have only had their current one for a couple of years…

1 Like

Did the weatherman get a dog? I hear that’s good for ratings and very popular around these parts :slight_smile:.

7 Likes

A new bulletin would be the best of news, but not holding my breath

Maybe she was referring to this? Filming some piece to Cameras for WIN to incorporate into a promo like the other states?

3 Likes

There’s a new combined promo airing down here at the moment (first saw it the other night) with Ten News, WIN News and The Project which has a piece to camera with Stephen and Candice included in it. I’ve only seen the one version so far so maybe they’ve done another one. It’s similar to what the other states receive.

1 Like

Candice Wyatt presenting solo in Melbourne tonight.

Amanda Hart reporting stories from Afghanistan this week.

1 Like

Wow. A big change from their normal focus. Any particular reason why?

The ADF would’ve paid for her to go over. They are generally puff pieces. If ten had invested in this they may have promoted it.

They are doing nothing for the dwindling ratings. Use to be a time slot winner and now they are hovering around 400k

2 Likes

Sandra Sully and Hugh Riminton clash over social media plugs

A CHANNEL 10 news executive has confirmed he played “peacemaker” in a tense standoff between evening news anchors Hugh Riminton and Sandra Sully… Relations between the two now said to be “frosty”.

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more with Hugh though. It’s pretty poor form that journalists are deceptively plugging companies- it may easily become a conflict of interest.

Sully doesn’t deceptively plug companies, she openly does it and has had Ten’s blessing in doing so. She has been given time off for years to attend all expenses paid Audi Race Week under the guise of MCing an event or two. She has been receiving a free new Audi every year for eons, as does Matt Burke. There was a missed opportunity by the media for a story when Burke posted on Instagram a photo of the pairs new Audis in the Ten car park.

A frosty relationship between Sully and Riminton will make no difference whatsoever to their onscreen chemistry - they have none. They are both great newsreaders but have not gelled at all.

6 Likes