Ten News First Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

So now the place doesn’t have enough back up weather presenters. This networks news goes from bad to worse.

2 Likes

I thought Matt Doran was replaced by Adam Walters?

1 Like

Amanda Jason has been on holiday, l thought she would return to fill in for Tim but obviously that’s not going to happen.

1 Like

I was referring to former Canberra reporter Matt Moran who left to work in Malcolm turnbulls communications team.

4 Likes

Matt Moran

2 Likes

I certainly don’t want to be giving management any ideas here…

…but knowing that it’s not the first time that Josh Holt has presented Sydney’s weather and how they’ll often fly Lachlan Kennedy down to present the national news on weekends, I’m honestly surprised that Ten haven’t seriously thought about merging the presentation/production of the Brisbane and Sydney news bulletins somehow! :confused:

I also certainly do not think that Josh Holt or Lachlan Kennedy are bad presenters by any means, because both are good quality presenters. However, I do think that Ten needs to be nurturing and developing more high quality local presenting talent that can be used to fill-in on Sydney-based bulletins (whether it’s on news, sport or weather) before they have to rely on interstate options. Thoughts?

1 Like

Aaaah, shows how much I know about Ten News.

I think Ten News needs to start from scratch.

1 Like

meaning?

Well, obviously they can’t (and won’t) clear out everyone, but they need to do something extreme to move forward.

Hoe about starting with an expensive/lengthy promotional canpaign? :disappointed:

Didn’t Ursula Heger replace Matt Moran?
She’s since moved to Sydney.

You sure post some some wild drawn out theories sometimes.

As for possible fill-ins, they have a few with Melinda Nucifora and Amanda Hart who both come to mind as possible weather presenters in Tim’s absence who have presented on the weekend national bulletin before but I don’t disagree that they could certainly be offering local talent the opportunity.

For all we know, Josh may have wanted to stay in Sydney to present Sydney’s weather given they had already gone to the effort of flying him to Sydney for the weekend. It was pretty evident in QLD tonight that he wasn’t in studio or live as the presentation was very different than it usually is.

2 Likes

And now Lachlan Kennedy is presenting Sydney updates today from Brisbane.

1 Like

Josh Holt back in Brisbane tonight for ‘TEN In Schools Night’

Amanda Jason presenting weather in Sydney from tonight.

3 Likes

… hopefully forever :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Herald Sun reports Candice Wyatt ran into Ten News control rooms crying, taking issue on some ribbing by Stephen Quartermain and Brett McEwan in Wednesday’s bulletin, after a report on her ex-boyfriend Glenn Maxwell, who scored 145 not out in Australia’s big Twenty20 win over Sri Lanka the night before. The paper said Candice, who broke up with Glenn in late July after a whirlwind romance, refused to come out until the closing credits.

where’s this article you speak of.

It’s in today’s Herald Sun.

Geesh how old is she? 12?