Ten News First Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

1 Like

2GB reporter Alice Hogg is reporting for 10 News First this weekend.

*Hogg

Wonder if she’s left Macquarie National News for 10 News First.

Eammon has returned from holidays.

6 Likes

I like the idea of this. It will make viewers more familiar with 10 News First’s younger reporting line-up.

7 Likes

Knowing how 10 News First rates these days, the most sensible reporter-centric station IDs to run would probably be those where the reporters actually introduce themselves to viewers and tell them their position on the bulletin. For example…

“Hi I’m Lachlan Kennedy, the NSW Political Editor at 10 News First. For Sydney’s best coverage of Macquarie Street, join me and Sandra Sully on 10 News First, weeknights at five.”

You get the general idea.

4 Likes

Saw “The Faces of News” promo in Melbourne tonight during MasterChef, with Jennifer Keyte, Stephen Quartermain and Mike Larkan plus Chris Bath.

3 Likes

Faces of news? They’re going personality based for once and actually airing news promos in prime time. Good to see.

2 Likes

They’ve also got a Perth version with Narelda Jacobs, Tim Gossage, Michael Schultz, and also Chris Bath in some shots. It’s been airing for a few weeks now.

1 Like

A more effective way of doing that is a 60 minute promo with a rotation between all of the reporters out in the field. As each reporter appears, their name and beat/experience appears on the screen. No need to do 20 individual introductions.

If you were to ask the average Sydneysider on the street to name as many people from the 10 News First team as possible, they probably would only get a select few. OK, so most should know who Sandra Sully & Chris Bath are. Maybe Tim Bailey & Angela Bishop, but that’s about it.

This wouldn’t be an idea I’d suggest for Nine News Sydney because they’re a known quantity in the market - a majority of their presenters & reporters are household names. But if we’re being realistic here, non-10 News First viewers are probably in the majority (sorry, @lexington). Getting 10 News First reporters to introduce themselves in promos would make them more personal/relatable to viewers, I think.

You wouldn’t have all the reporters introduce themselves in the one promo either. It’d be more of a start/end of ad break type thing.

Georgie back in Brissy tonight.

5 Likes

I’ve had withdrawal symptoms.

From what? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Narelda Jacobs just presented an update on Ten Melbourne, is this becoming a regular occurence? Presumably national.

1 Like

It’s a big news week with the election. They probably want someone on hand throughout the evening. But I would be more than happy if it was permanent.

Is Hamish now part of the 10 News team?

2 Likes

Seems to be national

4 Likes

So 10 has dumped local news updates?
Or is Narelda presenting localised updates?

1 Like