Ten News First Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

1 Like

I completely agree with all the points you’ve made there.

Again, it also has to be said that this move ensures that Melbourne has at least one female presenter reading weeknight news on a regular basis AND that Ten will have lead female anchors for their weekday 5pm news in all five capital cities! Surely this is a good thing?

5 Likes

Also, IMO it’s good that Jen left that hogwash that is Seven News Melbourne for Ten who is slowly but surely rebuilding their news department of a higher standard. Wouldn’t be surprised to see more presenters from other networks move across (or even back) to Ten.

3 Likes

Why hogwash?

Indeed it is great to have female newsreaders fronting bulletins in 5 capital cities.
Something that l am glad to see happen, decades ago it was really a male dominated field in this country.

6 Likes

Some of the content they’ve been airing recently have been pretty bad (including that Neo-Nazi interview), and most of the reporters (and some presenters) have some sort of sensationalist style oc reporting nowadays, but that’s a debate for another time I suppose.

2 Likes

Ok understand now what you were talking about.

1 Like

They have the main head of news in Sydney but each market still has a news manager which is technically still at news director.

1 Like

I think the issue is that a weekend news reading role would interere with his radio commitments. For him to give up his radio commitments + take a pay cut on his news reading role (given we now know that Seven Weekends pays less than Ten Weekdays), would seem unlikely.

As far as I am aware Bruce McAvaney is continuing on next year, so there are no AFL roles seemingly available.

The only possible scenario I can see is some kind of talk radio opportunity with 3AW that has been speculated + Fri / Sat news and give up his AFL commitments for radio.

2 Likes

Do we know if Ten are sending anyone to Russia to cover the Socceroos World Cup campaign?

But who said anything about just “news reading”?

Its a good question, as they only seem to send somebody over when Australia does well in the special events.

Natarsha Belling is back presenting news and Josh Holt presenting the weather again tonight.

2 Likes

Back in Sydney also

1 Like

it’s the same show, she’s back everywhere.

I think it’s a reference to the bulletin being produced from Melbourne last night?

2 Likes

more an EP now rather than a ‘director’ of news

Well yeah the new news managers have a more on the tools approach than the old news directors that sat in an office all day.

1 Like

I think Ten should draw-up a contract for Caty Price and instill her as Melbourne’s new sport presenter on Ten News, after Brad McEwan departing (and Stephen Quartermain isn’t going back there).

After a decade at Ten Perth (started at the start of 2005) doing tons of reporting, she was on popular AFL show “The Western Front” when Ten had rights and fill-in presenting, let alone all the freelance work she’s done since leaving Ten in mid-2014 (Nine and recently Ten again but in Melbourne).

What do others think? Probably would be fairer for Melbourne or Perth members who know/have seen her to comment.

2 Likes

Personally I’m not a fan. She’s very shouty.

3 Likes