Ten News First Content and Appearance

Saturday - Lachlan at Commbank stadium for A League and reading sport plus Jelisa Apps in Brisbane.

5 Likes

Half of Network Ten resources in one screenshot.

5 Likes

10 covering a budget without a political editor so they’ve identified Stella “shouty” Tedorovic as senior political reporter.

With the national affairs editor over in London for the coronation, Stella will be doing some heavy lifting on Tuesday.

3 Likes

Urgh. Not a fan.

1 Like

Ironic that Peter allegedly complained in the legal proceedings that Tegan taking sick leave was a burden on the bureau, but then he still left without a replacement for him being found.

It’s generally not your responsibility to have your replacement ready when you quit a job.

2 Likes

10 would’ve had sufficient notice of his departure I’m guessing, if they failed to ensure the bureau was adequately staffed or a replacement was found prior to him finishing its not really his problem now is it?

2 Likes

It’s not your problem (or fault) either if the network is too under-resourced to replace you when you need to take sick leave.

5 Likes

What exactly is your point here?

3 Likes

Tidbits I’ve noticed from the Adelaide bulletin:

Using the control room backdrop for some newsroom crosses.
Sport has ditched the OTS graphics and are instead using the same greenscreen graphics.

6 Likes

It errks me that the wipe is over the top of the super, when the wipe is only changing the vision.
The layering has never looked right.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure 9 have always done the same though?

1 Like

Josh Webster is really good on air, he’s a better presenter than Max too.

2 Likes

Oh, so nine doing it makes it correct?

1 Like

Calm your farm. All I said was that I’m pretty sure 9news has the same thing. I never said it was “right” but there is no rule book that it is “wrong” as well… it all depends on how the super animates out as well.
Maybe the clearing of it is how they use the full screen wipe for the next headline super text to come in?

It’s an interesting observation overall. But I’d say there are worse presentation issues across 10 and other networks (7news and their annoying “watermark” )

I was just pointing out that it’s not 10 alone that has the same thing happening

1 Like

I had no emotion in my comment, perhaps your reaction is a bit too intense?

I didn’t say there weren’t other issues, didn’t mention the other competitors.
Was just simply commenting on something that was bothering me.

The “oh, so” emotes sassy and snarky. I would call that emotion.

Read your reply out loud and you’ll understand what I mean

And of course you can comment on something that’s bothering you. But then to say that another network is doing it makes it ok? It’s your opinion that it bothers you? Maybe it was designed that way for a reason?

Whether or not 9 has the same layering issues as 10’s graphics essentially has nothing to do with my comment on 10’s production values.

Personally I see no difference in your comment about 10 and mine with 9… it’s the same thing. If it’s layers or production values… it’s the same thing we are talking about?
I’m not taking your opinion from you. I’m just saying they aren’t the only ones :man_shrugging:t2: