Ten News First Content and Appearance

They look like they have shotoku bases, they can be remotely controlled.

1 Like

This article was posted in the P+ thread, but something really interesting about news and advertising (and may speak to why they’re interested in doing “more news, not less of it”) you would think:

Prosser confirms “advertisers definitely see value in the news. And the reality is, our news is brand safe. There’s integrity in our journalism, there always has been, there always will be. And advertisers, particularly given what’s going on in the world, want to be in a brand safe environment.”

Probably just advertising talk, and justifying re-introducing more news bulletins into their schedule, but interesting nonetheless.

3 Likes

Its bit of worry that they have only worked this out now… :man_facepalming:

14 Likes

While they may be late to the party, let’s hope that they are in it for the long run now.

6 Likes

They’ve probably got a bit of a spring in their step given the outcome of the Lehrmann case and recent dramas at Seven and putting out messages like that hoping that advertisers consider that and come across.

5 Likes

10 need to address this situation.
Brisbane rated behind Perth yesterday.

1 Like

I’ve said it before but at this point if they’re not/can’t go back to Brisbane presentation I’d try presenting the Brisbane news out of Perth so they don’t have a time zone clash.

Yes, possibly having yet another presenting team for Brisbane isn’t great but at least it would be live and could mean the Sydney teams focus is Sydney.

3 Likes

I wonder what would be holding them back from being able to do this.

Use the same presenting lineup from Perth - perhaps bring Josh Holt back to Brisbane for OB weather, and use the abundance of weather presenters in Sydney as his Sydney bulletin replacement.

2 Likes

Probably something to do with control rooms. God knows.

Derp. That’s right, forgot that.
Melbourne currently controls Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth with capacity for 2 bulletins at once.

Think it was mentioned last time that they should invest in building a control room in Perth, then it gives them much greater flexibility and solves this problem.

1 Like

I though Sydney has controlled Perth since the 2020 cuts.

Would be easy to control Brisbane from Sydney if it was presented from Perth.

1 Like

I’ve been led to believe that it went back to the pre-2020 arrangement since they went back to Perth.

Either way there’d be something bottlenecking it.

2 Likes

Yes, I suggest this. It would be far more beneficial to upgrade the Perth facility than say Brisbane. Due to the time differences You could control the Perth bulletin, the Brisbane bulletin and The Late News from NEW10. It would give the network much more flexibility and take pressure off Sydney and Melbourne.

Sydney has controlled the Perth Bulletin since 2001. They have never upgraded Perth or Adelaide since the introduction of digital television.

5 Likes

Apparently sometime between 2008 and 2020 the control room for the Perth bulletin was in Melbourne (shared the same one as Adelaide). After the bulletin shifted back to Sydney, control room was once again in Sydney.

1 Like

Yeah I thought Melbourne controlled them from some time up until 2020.
I remember with the 2019 cyber hack, the Perth bulletin suffered identical problems as Melbourne because they controlled them.

1 Like

During tonight’s bulletin, Ang Bishop’s entertainment package failed to play and they moved on.

They filled time at the end of the bulletin with a repeat of Chloe Bouras’ story on the Israel airstrikes.

The bulletin finished at 6:01pm.

1 Like

Chat between Ursula & Sandra on the importance of credible broadcast journalism in an era of growing misinformation on social media.

Interestingly Sandra says:

“Well, this is another important addition to a credible news service presented in Australia, by Australians through Australian eyes”

This is obviously what we saw a teaser of yesterday, filmed on the Football set.

I know this is quite reminiscent of the Late News from 10 years ago, but really like this look here.

17 Likes

What does the set look like in action for sports? Any links to YouTube or 10play?

1 Like

Must mean victims were friends of contestants?

Anything from 10 Football or F1…