Ten News First Content and Appearance

Does the interview really go for 30 minutes?

3 Likes

Considering they are premiering on YouTube I’d say it does.

1 Like

you were right.

2 Likes
18 Likes

Can someone pls provide context now that it’s been removed :sweat_smile::pray:t2:

2 Likes

World Exclusive. Sam Kerr: In Her Own Words.

10 News First Special Event With Sandra Sully At 6.00pm On Wednesday, 1 December. On 10 And 10 Play.

10 News First presenter and journalist, Sandra Sully sits down for a rare and open interview with international football sensation and Commonwealth Bank Matildas captain, Sam Kerr, tomorrow at 6.00pm on 10.

In the raw, honest and revealing interview, the popular Australian footballer known for her incredible talent, phenomenal goal scoring abilities and post-goal acrobatics, talks candidly about the real Sam Kerr, the person behind the green and gold jersey.

See what everyone’s talking about when the Commonwealth Bank Matildas head to Newcastle tonight for their second match against the USA, live from 7.30pm AEDT on 10, 10 Play and Paramount+. The match will air live in Perth on 10 Bold from 4.30pm.

3 Likes

Not that it will make any difference to the ratings or whatever but why are they airing this instead of the news. They should’ve aired it tonight before the game. They make some bizarre decisions at this network.

9 Likes

Probably seeing if one off News specials rate better than a news bulletin at 6.

I agree it’s not how Seven, Nine or ABC would run a network.

1 Like

Or saved it for a 7.30 slot during the week (like Sunday) instead of repeats and Graham Norton.

Although being news on 10 it’s not exactly like they know how to program this genre properly despite the quality.

2 Likes

Maybe 10 should do a news hour 7 days a week. When I mean news hour I mean just news & weather, and having a dedicated sports tonight program at 6pm.

When 10 trialed 90 minute news over summer, they should try something again this summer to see if something works.

1 Like

Yeah like that’s going to work well in this day and age.

10 needs to get their Saturday news to 90 minutes as well which might help their awful Saturday night shares. Ideally produce some more specials with the likes of Sandra, Chris, Hugh, Narelda, Lachlan etc. Really utilise social media platforms to deliver their news stories/updates/information and reinvent their news off the backbones of their 5pm bulletin. Going back to what worked won’t necessarily be effective for 10.

4 Likes

Update:

4 Likes

Are people really interested to see this?

Nine and Seven would never remove their bulletin for such a niche interview.

3 Likes

Kerr is terribly overrated also.

1 Like

Interview caps

8 Likes

Will be interesting to see how the Sam Kerr Interview will rate in the morning. But as others have mentioned, it is in the wrong timeslot.

Agree that Ten News should do more of these one on one interviews. But choose a suitable timeslot for them.

1 Like

Is it in the wrong time slot though? If it rated about the same as the news at 6pm then that’s a win.

I imagine it was just part of 10s overall agreement to promote the soccer and it wouldn’t have the pull power to rate better elsewhere and I imagine 10 would have had very tempered expectations. May as well stick it at 6 rather than repeating the same news content from 5pm.

2 Likes

10 News Melbourne had no weather, Straight to news at 5.57?

2 Likes

I hear there were technical issues with Ten’s Melbourne bulletin tonight because of the weather (apparently the studio was struck by lightning on Candice Wyatt’s live cross)?

2 Likes

In Adelaide, we usually get an Adelaide dedicated first segment but they showed the Melbourne opener instead then there were technical glitches then they went to a break at 5:05

5 Likes