Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Disappointing to see Ten repeat the axing of the double presenter format.

Also the press release is hilarious: “…a logical move that would be welcomed by viewers.” Seriously?

14 Likes

I see what you did there :smirk:

9 Likes

Dumb move by Ten. Who is going to fill in for Stephen Quartermain when he is away? I agree with Zacgb, it will be great if Hugh becomes a senior correspondent or political reporter again.

2 Likes

About time but I hope they really look after him- he’s a massive asset in terms of respectability and experience. He should be reinstated as political editor, along with his involvement in those new areas- I think it’s good that they have someone experienced now able to regularly cover overseas and investigative stories.

2 Likes

Given the presser didn’t indicate that she would henceforth be prevented from ever presenting a bulletin ever again, I’m going to say Candice Wyatt?

The Daily Bailey will continue post-apocalypse

6 Likes

It’s sad to think that Mr Bailey has survived every apocalypse at Ten :joy:

12 Likes

He probably gets paid $12/hr. Easy to survive budget cuts on that kind of wage :joy:

5 Likes

It’s reached a point where I’m actually wondering if Bailey pays Ten for his nightly appearance.

9 Likes

I doubt that many viewers with even notice the change especially with the number of single presenter bulletins that have run over the holiday period and always run at weekends. If they do notice, will they care?

5 Likes

Watermark on first story tonight

3 Likes

BS. The only positions that need to be reconsidered are those in management and Head of News and Current Affairs.

8 Likes

Why would someone in Brisbane care whether Ten News format was consistent with Adelaide or Perth?

15 Likes

How would viewers even know?
It’s not like there’s even a morning or late edition to compare against, just the national weekend bulletin so as long as that isn’t too different from any city’s bulletin no one would notice (and just having a single presenter on a weekend wouldn’t seem odd).

[quote=“TV-ACT, post:1532, topic:61, full:true”]
How would viewers even know?..no one would notice …[/quote]

Of course viewers would know. One week, Sandra and Hugh are anchoring then from the next week, Hugh is never seen at the desk again. Perhaps change of set, graphics, content, format, or even whether the bulletin was national, viewers might not care nor notice. But the anchors? They are the face of the bulletin.

1 Like

This stupid game of musical chairs Ten plays every few years with its presenters reminds me of the old Fast Forward “we don’t know what the hell we’re doing, either” parody.

I fully expect them to slash the length of the bulletin next.

16 Likes

Choueifate says that it makes sense to roll out the single bulletins out into Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne because Adelaide and Perth have them. Why not have a national model which brings a double-header format into Adelaide and Perth?

2 Likes

Narelda don’t need no co-anchor. She’s fantastic by herself

1 Like

I agree. Remember Perth had a double header back in 2011 with Craig Smart.

And Lachlan and Georgie were a great duo.

1 Like

You might not like her but the reality is Sandra Sully is the face of Ten News and in a national sense, probably the most recognisible newsreader in the country for the past decade or so. Ten would be insane to shaft her.

6 Likes