Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Ffs Ten. You’re a bunch of idiots, I tell you. I would’ve preferred Candice to keep presenting in Melbourne tbh.
If the tradeoff was that Lachlan, Hugh and Candice were presenting local weekend bulletins, then I’d be all for this change.
At least no one is being sacked this time (as far as we know).

On another note, “New Look For TEN Eyewitness News First At Five In 2017.”, could this possibly mean a graphics/set refresh?

6 Likes

Where’s the facepalm emoticon when you need it?

If Ten thinks that it makes sense to run single presenters for it’s 5pm news in all markets, then why did they even bother going back to a dual presenter format for Sydney, Melbourne & Brisbane in 2014-15?

Why do I also get the impression that Hugh, Candice & Lachlan will probably be shown the door by management if further cutbacks need to be made to Ten Eyewitness News: First At Five in the future?

I highly doubt it, especially when Perth only got a new look set rather recently!

5 Likes

If that did happen, it would be a major loss in all newsrooms!

3 Likes

I agree.

Certainly not something I’d want to see, but neither would it surprise me knowing what Ten’s news department has been like in recent years…

4 Likes

I have to correct myself with this statement.
Ten Eyewitness News is appropriate because we are all eyewitnesses of the TEN continually cutting back. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hey could always mean late local bulletins down the track… I can dream can’t I?

2 Likes

:joy:

2 Likes

What the fuck Ten, why are you doing this? These presenters are like some young guns. It’s only been like 2/3 years since the dual presenters were introduced. Man I feel so bad for Hugh, Candace and Lachlan right now. I really hope they revert their decision, but alas.

I was really liking the double headers and they were fitting in nicely.

9 Likes

“Our viewers know that we always bring them the stories that are most important to them” - except when there’s sport on so we all just go down to the pub instead.

5 Likes

At least Hugh and Sandra won’t be together anymore. Can’t stand either of them together. However huge losses for Melbourne and Brisbane, TEN has f**ked up, again! Next thing is all bulletins axed, local and national.

4 Likes

Let’s get real here - Sandra Sully has so many days off that Hugh will still be reading for about 40% of the bulletins anyway.

7 Likes

Guys i would never normally say this, but it’s desperate times.

Scrap daily bailey for Rimmo’s weather?

• Yeah
  • Nah

0 voters

Sad news again.

I suppose Ten believe their skills would be better utilized in reporting, or this might be the first step in Ten moving towards a national bulletin. This time next year we might see Stephen reading the news with Sandra in Sydney.

Negative Impact - This maybe give Nine, Seven and ABC the opportunity to go local @ Five.

Hopefully I’m wrong in my prediction.

8 Likes

Don’t give them ideas :frowning:

2 Likes

I don’t know why there is so much negativity going on, I view the Sydney bulletin so this is a plus. I love Sandra and always like Hugh as the political reporter. I think this is good, because for a second I thought they’ve completely forgotten about their bulletins.

I think this is (not the best) a right, but slow direction to oneday have more bulletins.

Edit: ten’s ad revenue has jumped by %20 percent in the last while, I’m no financial expert but this could be good, right? More spending on news?

1 Like

They’ll probably spend it elsewhere instead since they’ve shown no interest in their news department for years.

2 Likes

LOL

How humiliating for the dumped presenters. Doubt they’re “thrilled” to be back on the road.

9 Likes

If Hugh being a senior correspondent means he’s out of the country more that’s good as they will have a professional big news events around the world. Lachalan is great as an on the road reporter with live crosses. Hope it helps them.

But still the mind boggles at what ten does.

5 Likes

I agree. Much prefer Sandra Solo. :grinning:

1 Like