Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Its always 3 hours delay in perth. Especially national bulletins during the week. I think it was only live a couple times (and a waste of resource) because of the Cricket last week.

I really doubt that ten would air the ten news at 5 national bulletin during the week at christmas break at 2pm our time. So yes it will be delayed.

That’s from what i have seen and going off. :slight_smile:

At least it was live rather than delayed into all states. Haven’t you been crying what’s the point of airing a 3 hour bulletin and now you say why bother when it was live??

Not all will be delayed by 3 hours throughout the Christmas/ New Year break. 7 will be on a 3 hour delay, 1 will be on a hour delay and 1 will be live.

There’s no pleasing me. i admit that. :stuck_out_tongue: You do realise that the news bulletins on 7 and Nine do continue during the christmas period / week, unlike ten?.

Again it’s a national bulletin, i want local news. :stuck_out_tongue: So Ten lost my viewership on weekends and will lose me during the 2 week christmas national bulletins. :stuck_out_tongue:

Given all that has been said, it is surprising how well Ten News rates in Perth on weekends - often higher than the local Nine News.

4 Likes

Surprising indeed. I’ve said that about Brisbane too in the past when it’s rated similarly to that of the weeknight figures.

1 Like

New look weather ?

5 Likes

I thought it might’ve just been a special graphic for the Christmas Day forecast.

1 Like

A national version of those presenter promos aired this morning during Studio 10 featuring Natarsha Belling- not too sure if it’s new?

6 Likes

Can’t wait to see that.

Live Crosses in Perth are now done via the large monitor, rather than the split-screen graphic.

5 Likes

From Facebook

9 Likes

That looks really good, great use of the screen.

Minor detail but I hate how that cheap that seat looks.

1 Like

at least its better than the Queensland one :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I’ve given it a few weeks to ‘bed in’, but I have to say about Perth’s set: is this really still considered a good set nowadays? Looks third world and I’m surprised peeps here think it’s good.

The blue backdrop thing is weird and has no connection to the brand nor a shred of modernity to it. The grey borders around the three plasmas + exciting fourth plasma (wowee look at you Ten) means the TVs look identical to the old-school plasma TVs one could buy in 2002, aging the look further. The set is also dark. The desk suffers from both being too big for a single presenter and the same ‘upside-down iron’ sickness which infected Seven a couple of years back. The weird brown wood at the bottom of the “set” likewise looks like something Jamie Durie built on a deck.

3/10, Sky News has better sets.

3 Likes

It’s all relative. Ten + Perth = low expectations so they didn’t have to do too much to impress people.

The Perth set is much better than other recent efforts in Melbourne and Brisbane.

5 Likes

I know, but still. Perth is 2 million people. There are cities/markets in other countries which are smaller and receive more impressive sets.

Yeah but like I said, it’s all relative. We do not do good news sets in this country, even the best (ie Nine Perth) would be considered fairly average on the global stage.

I do agree that Ten Perth is very mediocre but really anything would have been an improvement over what they had before.

4 Likes

I think the new set is ten times worse then the old one, too much blue now that it’s here. I thought i liked it, but yeah there’s something off about this set. Not sure what it is…

1 Like
1 Like

While I personally believe it is better than the old set, I agree that something isn’t right about it…
I think I’m just sick of the 3-screen setup that TEN keep persisting with :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes