Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Why does Ten not do what TV3 and C4 used to do for the supercars. Which was carry the supercars on TV3 till 6pm news then hand it over to C4 to continue playing.

Because who wouldn’t wanna watch the cricket in HD/ any other sports? It adds to the coverage and excitement IMO.

TV3 and C4 are both HD yeah?

1 Like

TENFAFWATPE? :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

Yep, rolls right of the tongue :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

They took the ‘First At Five’ tag out of the title card and the voice over but it’s still on the watermark and the central plasma.

5 Likes

Neither of them were at the time.

I’d be interested in seeing the opener if anyone recorded it. Haven’t heard the voice over without “first at five” since 2014! :o

1 Like

It has been done before this year when Ten’s bulletin started at 4.30 instead of 5, because of the live coverage of Rugby Union.

@lachlan_kennedy joined Paul Henry on Friday from the newsroom

Dreamworld’s chief executive is hoping for plenty of community support when it opens its doors tomorrow, just six weeks since the disaster on the Thunder River Rapids Ride claimed the lives of four people.

For every person who visits, the park is pledging AU$25 of their ticket price will go to the Australian Red Cross. There are also donations planned for those affected by the tragedy.

Channel Ten’s Lachlan Kennedy spoke to Paul Henry about the charity re-opening weekend.

Watch the video.

2 Likes

Breakfast flashbacks…

3 Likes

They crossed to Lachlan a few months ago as well when the accident first occurred.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure Supercars were in HD on TV3 for the last season MediaWorks had the rights… I can distincly remember Shaun Summerfield harping on about it every race weekend… until coverage resumed on (SD) C4.

1 Like

Something going on at Ten News Sydney? Seemed like a temporary set to me although I only caught the end #relaunch

2 Likes

Really? What makes you say this.
Just saw part of the opening shot via Twitter and it looks normal to me.

Yes just took at look at Tenplay and all is normal. Is that a new Sydney shot behind Hugh though? #norelaunch

1 Like

Wouldn’t that blue sky backdrop on Sydney’s news be a seasonable thing for Summer/DST? A common feature with some of Ten’s more recent graphics packages for their news.

Speaking of relaunches, do we expect a new set for Sydney any time soon?

Personally, I don’t see Ten relaunching with a completely new Sydney/national news set anytime soon however I certainly think there could be some tweaks made.

1 Like

It’s what I sort of thought. Maybe they could utilise the TV wall a bit more to have a variety of presenting styles. It would be cool if they went back to the Rowe/Wilson days and have the newsroom as the backdrop, but I don’t see that happening anytime soon.

3 Likes

I wonder if the TVs are able to be removed so it is just the wooden surrounds.

1 Like