Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

This video looks quite good, some dedicated social content.

3 Likes

Just a thought, but wouldn’t it be better for the Perth bulletin to also come out of Melbourne, to align it self with the AFL states?

1 Like

Since it sounds like their bulletin will be live, they should be able to give preference to AFL on air.

1 Like

A shark attack on the north coast of NSW covered by a reporter sitting in an office in Melbourne tonight.

2 Likes

Has it been confirmed ? If eo thays good as long as Neralda Jacobs presents it ill watch but I wont be watching Ten News Perth presentrd in Sydney by a Sydney News Reader.

1 Like

Nothing has been confirmed unfortunately.

2 Likes

Sandra Sully is a huge gain for Perth!

1 Like

Not compared to Monika Kos.

8 Likes

Monika Koss is a fantastic news reader and if they hadn’t chopped her, I would have continued to watch Ten News.

6 Likes

Really where was Monica Kos on 911, from what I read she used to be the host of respected news program Today Tonight.

Perth folk don’t want Sandra.

3 Likes

And that is enough for her to be considered more popular than Sandra Sully.

2 Likes

Popularity and Journalistic integrity don’t always go line in line.

…and with all due respect to Sandra, I’m not quite sure if even Sydneysiders want her going by the ratings for 10 News First in this market.

True as that is, the most popular newsreaders are generally those who bring in the ratings.

1 Like

Like it or not, some personalities are popular whether or not they have integrity in their occupation. Kyle Sandilands and Alan Jones are popular yet I wouldn’t call them the bastion of quality radio. Tracy Grimshaw is popular despite the shady content that she fronts every night.

1 Like

I’m a Perth person and I would much rather have Monika Koss over Sandra Sully - my preference is based on local familiarity to Perth.

5 Likes

As someone who’s lived in Perth for many years, I’ve always liked Monika on Today Tonight (despite the rubbish content). I found her to be a great newsreader when she moved to 10 and I think it’s a shame a popular talent like her has been axed in favour of a bulletin from Sydney (nothing against Sandra Sully either).

7 Likes

No we don’t​:rage::rage:

Well your getting Sandra anyway, you’ll learn to like her she’s top notch, change can be good sometimes.

1 Like

Not when it means you’re sacking three local presenters for ones which are thousands of kilometers away.

9 Likes