Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

why

11 Likes

TEN Eyewitness News Queensland dedicated about the first 12 minutes at the beginning of their bulletin this evening to the high court ruling in the case of the murder of Allison Baden-Clay which included a live cross to Clare Barnes who is in Canberra, a package looking back at the events that unfolded by News Manager, Jane Henschke and then a live cross interview with Bill Potts from the QLD Law Society about the case. An overall comprehensive and very informative package.

The full video can be found here:

4 Likes

How many times do we need to go through this? Ten Eyewitness News ā€œFirst At Fiveā€ is part of the bulletin/news service name, not just a tagline or slogan!

3 Likes

I donā€™t think that is what is being questioned in this case. Itā€™s the uneseccary and made up acronym.

7 Likes

However we probably donā€™t need the full name spelled out as an acronym.

12 Likes

TENFAF :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

FAF off :smiley:

13 Likes

Dare I ask why it even matters? You knew what he was referring to.

1 Like

Not my point whatsoever

4 Likes

A look back at some Ten News openers from the Brisbane bulletin from 2008 - 16. Selected to show some of the different themes, sets, graphics and presenters, (though it isnā€™t a definitive list of every change). There is a bit of story continuity across the selected bulletins.

List of dates 5 Nov 2008, 17 Nov 2008, 24 Jan 2011, 10 Jan 2012, 24 Mar 2012, 7 Nov 2012, 3 Dec 2016 (solo anchor), 3 Jul 2013, 5 Feb 2014, 3 Aug 2015, 31 Aug 2015, 15 May 2016.

6 Likes

Wow, a bulletin from the future?! :wink:

But aside from that typo, the upload is of course very much appreciated as always TV Cynic! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks - should have been 2012 :crystal_ball:

The good olā€™ days :frowning:

1 Like

Great work putting all that together. Very interesting to watch! Some solid haircuts for G, Billy Mac and I in there too. :flushed:

8 Likes

I captured this off the satellite feeds ā€“ anyone know why they had two different reporters read out the same story? For two different citiesā€™ newscasts perhaps?

3 Likes

I reckon the dude is a work experience person or a student.

Good hypothesis ā€“ that didnā€™t occurred to me. I guess it would explain why he was counting up when counting himself in instead of the usual counting down.

That would be Daniel Doody, freelance journalist for TEN & Sky News

3 Likes

Breaking news super after returning from the break tonight with no watermark.

4 Likes

Iā€™m sure this has been discussed before, but does anyone else think TEN should bring their news forward to compete with Nine and Seven AND keep it there in the long run? Could it really do any worse than what the service is currently rating if they are persistent and well promote it?

DISCUSS

2 Likes