Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Let’s face it. They’ve done that since 2011 and anything that looks good is usually an exception. Though before Nine got their new ones theirs at least looked somewhat cohesive and clean in comparison.

Anyway back to 10. I would say that their graphics looks very nice, unobstructive and straight to the point. I also appreciate the subtle red in their breaking news graphics instead of a red overload.

3 Likes

Both networks have a great presentation. I only wish I have is that 10 would implement a transparent logo like what Nine has done.

Maybe I’m wrong.

Ten have some nonsense US crime procedural on after survivor tonight. Surely a new bulletin of some description would be more appropriate and rate more than some CBS rubbish.

3 Likes

Given there is a national cabinet tonight there will be news to report this evening too… and possibly another live press conference… Hopefully they’ve got someone around.

2 Likes

There will be someone in Canberra most likely and also the Perth newsroom will still be open but they’d still be on air. I would’ve thought Hugh or PVO could’ve hosted a late edition bulletin from 9pm.

Good. There’s too much on everything else already.

2 Likes

But it doesn’t rate so it’s pointless.

1 Like

It was good to see 10 take the PMs press conference tonight (via the Perth newsroom).

Some constructive criticism for what its worth… they took too much of the press conference going into random questions from journos at the end. Instead, it would have been good to see them go back to Monika to do a few minutes of summary/analysis of the main points and then cut back to normal programming cleanly at 10pm rather than waiting until around 10 past.

With the same situation seemingly happening tomorrow night it would be good to see them making a more planned effort to be on air for an extra half an hour.

Maybe all easier said than done and as I said - good to see them covering breaking news - but you can take a pretty good guess about when these things will occur.

4 Likes

I did flick over to 10 on a few occasions and I’ve found their coverage overall good but quite disappointing. For example, Nine went over to a press conference live this morning and Studio 10 was too busy talking about how to tidy your pantry.

However it’s good to see 10 are improving tonight.

10 should cover the press conference.

10 covers the press conference.

No, no, no… they did it all wrong.

:man_facepalming:

Oh and that age old argument… 10 should “just” do a late bulletin.

3 Likes

I don’t think he said they did it wrong? It was a simple comment.

This is a forum, we discuss both the positive and negative plus our opinions.

1 Like

My point is that it’s never good enough.

Just like my comment it seems.

It’s a new episode of NCIS. Depending on how long 10’s coverage of tonight’s press conference went for (I had allowed for 30 minutes of extra time), my recording may not make it to the end.

I felt 10 did a good job covering Scott Morrison’s Press Conference, especially since a few years ago it would of been less likely due to low resources in the past.

It was nice to see them air a majority of his speech and the Chief Medical Officer’s as some Networks tend to leave it as a certain portion when more is being explained.

It did tend to dwell on for a little bit longer regarding the questions, perhaps they could encourage viewers to visit their Facebook page to watch the full Press Conference stream and then give a brief recap of the key points. Overall, I felt I was more informed due to most Networks leaving it earlier.

3 Likes

What they did was good. As I said, some hopefully constructive (and relatively minor criticism) from afar about how it could have been improved.

Anyway, I was more focusing about going forward. Perhaps they should just anticipate taking the Perth news to two hours for the next little while with the last half hour shown in the eastern states while the regular updates from the PM continue (and even if they don’t while the current crisis is continuing).

Doesn’t have to be a late bulletin in the traditional sense but an extra half hour would seem to make the best use of the resources they currently have available to them without much additional outlay.

Folks, you can’t critique 10 - don’t you know.

3 Likes

Why are you so defensive when it comes to people making legitimate concerns and critiques of what Ten does? You get very defensive almost immediately and the knee jerk reactions just makes it hard for any of us to engage with you.

Just because Ten is different to the other networks or been bought by CBS (ViacomCBS) doesn’t meant hat we have to make platitude and think every decision Ten make is a great one.

5 Likes

It’s not. Their current product is half assed.
They need to be doing more for sure. There is an amazing appetite for news at the moment and they should be offering more in this space.

Seven/Nines and the ABCs products are far superior.

Is there any reason why 10 isn’t interrupting programming nationally for press conferences? They only show them into AEDT live.

It happened again this morning

1 Like

I gave up engaging and trying to have a conversation as every reply is defensive and completely lacks objectivity @ShadowDan

3 Likes