Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Worth considering the Seven and Nine News comparisons area and what effect 10 News at 6pm had on this result.

2 Likes

Some caps from tonight with Amanda Jason

6 Likes

A different view of the Qld newsroom tonight, looks good.

11 Likes

The 10 daily trending segment was presented in front of a green screen last night, much prefer when it was done from the couch or the vertical screens in the RHS corner of the Sydney set but maybe they think this will fit better for all states?

My understanding is that Taylor Ryan is a Producer / Journalist from the Adelaide newsroom, so must be filling in or on loan to Sydney while they establish this segment as part of the extended bulletin?

4 Likes

This blur-o-vision promo somehow made it to air this morning

4 Likes

First time 10 has done a graphic like this:

2 Likes

Incorrect spelling of Tauranga shown here.

2 Likes

Dead air

2 Likes

Saw the shambolic cut to WIN news for the first time last night. Baily was just at the end of his weather, and mid-sentence when it quickly faded to black then cut to an obviously pre-recorded message from Sandra about WIN viewers leaving us now, then immediately cut to the WIN news opener at around 18:03.

Is this Bruce’s way of getting Ten back for making their news start late every night? It’s horrible, just give us the full 10 news first bulletin and move WIN News to 18:30 or put it on one of the multi channels.

3 Likes

Remembering most WIN bulletins are pre-recorded so they need to go to air on time or they will crash into the next show (The Project). You would assume Ten News would only have an approx. time to finish the weather close to 6pm so this was always going to be an issue with WIN News starting on time.

2 Likes

Its not 10’s problem how WIN play out to alternative programming.

4 Likes

I didn’t say it was Ten’s problem - I was telling you what the issue is!

2 Likes

oh, yeah I know - sorry wasn’t directing that at anyone here. Just the stupidity of WIN.

1 Like

WIN try to fade out the weather presenter so you don’t hear the “weather preview” for the 6pm bulletin. I suppose at least they request a pre-recorded closer. They could just do a sharp cut which would be awful.

1 Like

…or maybe Ten should just do the right thing by not mentioning that the full 7 day forecast is coming up and show the farewell to WIN viewers everywhere. Imagine Sandra saying something like this:

Obviously this would be for Sydney, but I’m sure you could easily tailor the script for other markets.

It’d be even better of course if there was a separate presenter for the 6pm half hour (Someone who was on the now-axed local editions of TT for Adelaide/Perth and whichever one of Georgie Gardner or Deb Knight that Nine is about to shaft in Sydney would be a good start) but that’s something that can be put into place if/when the trial of a 6pm half hour becomes permanent in the new years.

1 Like

Why should Sydney be subject to a clunky hand-over that doesn’t affect them? The pre-recorded closer is fine.

7 Likes

Isn’t it essentially the same thing as what Seven/Nine do with their Queensland editions of the afternoon news by providing all viewers of that bulletin with a “…and that’s where we leave our Gold Coast viewers, your next news is at 5.30pm right after the gameshow” message before a break playout?

2 Likes

The news is over? Ok, thanks, bye.

4 Likes

No need to be a roll over or a name change - sounds like the start to a new bulletin. If viewers are going to be addressed to that they may as well switch over to 7 or 9 at 6pm. The current state of the recap is fine.

3 Likes

This may be a minority opinion, but I actually think 10 News First should start clean with the 6pm half hour so they can attract new viewers who want a compact half hour bulletin, rather than just keeping those viewers who were watching the 5pm hour.

Besides, producing a program/bulletin which is designed for “dip in and out viewing” is nothing new - just ask anyone who works on breakfast or mid-morning TV. The question 10 News First should be asking in regards to their 5pm-6.30pm marathon of news: How does Studio 10 manage to successfully produce a show that viewers can dip in and out of?

4 Likes