Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Weeks- jeez. Is it really necessary to do it other than on the actual day? If at all?

1 Like

Of course, but that doesn’t mean that the Origin-themed logo should be in-use for the entire bulletin.

Like I said earlier, Seven only uses theirs on the relevant reports. Surely 10 News First could do the same?

Looks better then one i mocked up a few years back…

2 Likes

TBH, I actually wonder if TVQ got some ideas from your mock (especially since you seem to be a fan of theirs)!

1 Like

Weirdly enough, if Ten QLD was to adopt that on a permanent basis it might not be the worst idea. You could form quite a nice marketing campaign around the maroon colour being the colour of Queensland.

But in a one-off scenario it comes off a bit tacky.

2 Likes

Queensland free to air networks are incredibly parochial about absolutely everything. News bulletins are no exception. “Queensland’s own…” is flogged to death whenever possible throughout bulletins and also promos for shows like MKR, The Voice, Masterchef etc. It’s beyond annoying if you’re not a Queenslander but with Origin only two days away, it is hardly surprising 10 have the maroon watermark out.

3 Likes

“Brisbane’s 10 News First” now being used… Ditched QLD

2 Likes

Breaking news red takes precedence over maroon logo

6 Likes

10 Likes

The first time the anchor has actually got up and stood next to the weather, over just using full-screen graphics? Glad 10 did this.

7 Likes

Ten Queensland living up to its name

Undecided :wink:

World leaders support their respective teams

2 Likes

Surely Dutton would be a Queensland supporter?

If this Exclusive report which aired in Sydney tonight is anything to go by, Hugh Riminton goes for the Blues (showed his support for the team when filling in for Sandra on an Origin night bulletin last year as well):

…and at least there’s one NSW supporter in the Sydney Sports department:

4 Likes

This breaking news graphic looks new.

8 Likes

Putting journalism First.

11 Likes

Another new “Just In” graphic for 10.

5 Likes

Qld budget

5 Likes

Tonight’s Sydney opening shot

16 Likes

Much better than coming in from the left over an empty desk.

9 Likes

I really liked the sweeping opening shot they used tonight, it’s a shame that the floor is such a light colour and looked quite scuffed though.

1 Like

6 Likes