Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Brisbane just had one of those news preview supers come up during Graham Norton advertising the 5pm news and extended bulletin, maybe it was meant to promote the additional bulletin later tonight? Strange.

A news update with Sandra Sully aired shortly after with fresh information, however no mention about the news bulletin later tonight.

Hopeless

6 Likes

I think Chiara just said to Perth viewers that there will be a special edition of 10 News at 7.45pm

2 Likes

They never learn do they?

People will switch to Seven and Nine at 6pm like they always do and now whatever is left of Pointless’ audience have as well.

they can’t just sit there and let Seven and Nine chew into their audience at 6pm.

In all honesty it can’t be both ways imo. There is always an outcry on here that 10 needs to add a 6PM broadcast. Yet when they extend it, it appears to be an issue.

4 Likes

Fantastic coverage by 10, I had no need to switch over to the other channels tonight. Great job 10!

3 Likes

Let’s not forget that the last time Ten tried (and failed with) the News At Five/Six split, 6pm bulletins on both Seven & Nine ran for 30 minutes while current 10 News First Weekend presenter Chris Bath was lead weeknight anchor of Seven News Sydney.

Realistically it’s not going to happen (along with many other things I’d like to see on TV) but if there was actually a 6pm edition with Bathie or Hugh presenting, I’d probably watch it over the absolute mess that is currently Seven News Sydney although it’d probably take some high profile poachings to get myself and many Sydneysiders away from Nine News because TCN has most of the market’s top presenters/reporters.

The Perth Bulletin also went for half an hour more tonight, with Sport being broken up into two sections.

Tim Gossage: “Sports, Part II”

Good to see their commitment to News coverage slowly returning, but sadly on a day of horrific circumstances.

1 Like

Well Ten Sydney is about halfway through Muriel’s Wedding. I guess the 10:45 bulletin will be more like a 5 minute newsbreak?

Isn’t it scheduled to finish at 10:47, what happened?

“This is a special edition of 10 News First” voice over to open this bulletin.

1 Like

Video here

sandra sully should be commended they way she just presented the christchurch shooting up date . she seemed so sinecer

2 Likes

She talked Australia through 9/11. I wouldn’t expect anything less. Love Sandra Sully!!

4 Likes

Quite a good broadcast tonight although the closing theme was incredibly loud and sudden.
It’s times like this when I wish they still had a sombre version of the news theme.

4 Likes

Ten News Queensland ran a sombre piece of music to lead into the first break and the rest of the days news.

2 Likes

I wonder if they’ve got a sombre version of the main theme? If not they should definitely get onto it!

3 Likes

TV Tonight has posted the rattings for the extended 6pm bulletin last night.

1 Like

So basically, a third of the audience disappears like they always do at 6pm and that portion rates about a quarter of Seven and Nine.