Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Which story? I missed it!

The Mike Willesee one? With Ray Martin speaking in that story? Construction workers were seen walking past behind.

13 Likes

That part on the left? Hmmm

Hope they donā€™t close the newsroom completely off from the new set, but rather incorporate it.

4 Likes

A blue version of the BBC News set would be fantastic. And not their 2008 attempt! LOL

Same here. Adelaide can easily bring back her newsroom, while some on MS have indicated that the Melbourne newsroom sits in the room behind the studio.

Can anyone confirm if Brisbane and Perth have similar layouts?

4 Likes

No idea about Brisbane but Iā€™m pretty sure it was mentioned that Perthā€™s set is right next to the newsroom as well.

Brisbaneā€™s studio is used to film other shows so that could be more complex.

The structure of Perthā€™s newsrooom could allow them to turn the desk anti-clockwise and have a newsroom backdrop.

5 Likes

If thereā€™s no such thing as load bearing wallsā€¦ sure.

2 Likes

I canā€™t believe they are doing all this for no new bulletins.

#10newsfirstprimetime

Who said there arenā€™t?

Brisbaneā€™s newsroom is above the studio.

Looks like what they had 10 years ago, which is what I liked. Makes the space more adaptable for Studio 10.

No itā€™s not. The back of the set backs onto the back of the newsroom. Through a load bearing wall

6 Likes

J U S T
T E L L
U S

It is but edit suites are between the studio and the newsroom.

I know. Thatā€™s why I said that :slight_smile:

ā€¦21 days ago.

1 Like

Very interesting

Surely newsroom-v-studio layout is irrelevant.

Iā€™m guessing whatever they do will include a big videowall so they can put anything they like into itā€¦ including a live shot of the newsroom if thatā€™s the look theyā€™re after.

Versatilityā€¦ thatā€™s the key.

4 Likes

Itā€™s almost like someone cued the guy with the ladder to walk behind Ray at just the right time for Media Spy members.

4 Likes

@Lexington is just provoking a reaction. A red herring.

Brisbane has had a newsroom backdrop before

5 Likes