Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

:neutral_face:

6 Likes

How long have Ten been airing local weather updates on the weekend for? Amanda Jason just presented one with temperatures for Victoria (and Tasmania). A local outlook for Melbourne was also shown.

I believe it was mentioned a few weeks ago.
Certainly a step in the right direction.

3 Likes

Yeah, you’re right. Was mentioned 28 days ago, so they’ve been airing for 4 weeks. Certainly better than the national weather updates they had previously.

Another question; do Ten air local weather updates in weekdays?

Can’t wait to see the reveal of the new set.
Hoping that they go with an open newsroom look. It looked fantastic back in the Eyewitness News Late days.
And accompany it with either the videowall or a smaller vertical screen as OTS graphics.

That’s a good question. I think they’re more just integrated into the actual news updates.

3 Likes

10 has been running state based weather updates on weekends since around the same time Chris Bath started and the localised Perth weekend bulletin began.

1 Like

Everything about the look of this bulletin was great imo. I’m hoping we see something like this for the 5pm bulletin (just with a busier newsroom in the background of course).

5 Likes

Exactly! The look of that whole bulletin was just off the charts :smiley:

Given that the Melbourne set is now on the same floor as the newsroom, maybe they could possibly open the walls up and have a similar backdrop?

2 Likes

Must be a big change if they had since Friday night and its still not ready!

5 Likes

Will it be ready for tonight or will Sandra be presenting from a green screen? Haha

Maybe that will also be done on the rooftop

2 Likes

I think it will air tonight, I’d say they probably didn’t want to dismantle it for Studio 10 on the first day as they probably want to do rehearsals, tweaks etc.

1 Like

Apparently Studio 10 is from the terrace again tomorrow so the set might not be ready tonight?

Or perhaps Studio 10 could be moving back to the old studio.

Hopefully.

If Pointless is no longer in production and limited shows are being filmed in that studio then I can’t see why they wouldn’t look to move it back.

The big curved screen used for Show Me The Movie would be a great backdrop for the show IMO.

4 Likes

I’d love to see the news done from the roof or somewhere else like an OB

2 Likes

Update:

6 Likes

Interesting… Seems the studio has moved temporarily

16 Likes

The Project studio?

This new set must be a MASSIVE upgrade if it has taken them all weekend and today, and it still isn’t finished!

Interesting to note that the lighting around the 3 screens looks a lot darker than usual too.

10 Likes

Loving the new set! Clean, simple and cosy. It’s nice, it’s different, it’s unusual. :stuck_out_tongue:

16 Likes

Oh no. Will Tim get his Weather Wall!

And all day tomorrow. One would assume that it doesn’t include the set pieces being used here.

6 Likes