Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Yesterday’s Instagram story by Georgie (@GeorginaMLewis) gives a great insight into the set and BTS at TVQ.

11 Likes

This backdrop is niiice!

10 Likes

Nice show from FOX 11 LA. I noticed when I was in Detroit too that - after the late news - local current affairs and sports talk is huge right now. Stations obviously feel this is the way to engage viewers. Ten News First should so do something like this late at night.
foxla.com/news/340830910-video

John Holt did a great job presenting the opening story for for tonight’s news. As well a a packaged story he spoke at length live explaining the flooding crisis in Townsville and surrounds.

Over on Nine’s 5pm news the flooding only came in as the fifth story with no live cross.

4 Likes

To be fair this is 10’s main bulletin for the night.

Nine’s 5pm is more of a quick summary ahead of its main product at 6pm.

5 Likes

Ten really have invested into their weekend news service. The product at the moment is 100 times better than what we’ve seen in previous years.

3 Live crosses in Qld
2 Live crosses in Melbourne
1 Live crosses in Sydney.

This was in the first 10 minutes. For a national bulletin , the story rundown was perfect

17 Likes

Audio issues with Josh Holt’s microphone tonight. Around 6 minutes in.

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Ten’s Early Evening Woes

Some caps of Sandra’s report to the jungle

5 Likes

Is this the first year Sandra hasn’t actually gone to South Africa to present the jungle “bulletin”?

3 Likes

Yes

2 Likes

Promo for tomorrow night, this got a mention at the end of the Queensland late news update tonight as well.

Another exclusive

Saturday 2nd March 2019

Due to coverage of Supercars Adelaide 500, 10 News First will be shown on 10Bold in most markets.

1 Like

so in every market except Perth I gather.

Better than what they previously did, but could the push the news back past 6pm?

It’s not like there’s anything programmed on Saturday nights.

It couldn’t start until 7.30pm in Sydney and Melbourne.

1 Like

Nightly network exclusives being promoted of late, it’s definitey a start.

1 Like

The feature story was also mentioned as part of the News Update last night in Sydney.

re… re… re…

I can’t say it. :wink:

4 Likes