Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Wrong break.

Oh this one then

13 Likes

Yep, thatā€™s definitely the 2013-18 theme music being used there.

If it wasnā€™t for the sting to contrast it, the old theme probably wouldnā€™t sound that bad with the current graphics IMO.

4 Likes

Agreed, suits it quite wellā€¦ even the new stinger with it sounds not too bad!

Undeniably the theme now :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Agreed

2 Likes

Yeah that was def the old rumbleā€¦sounds quite shite after listening to the new one :+1:

except for when they did it before.

and the fact that ABC has had 7pm news for decades, and 9 and 7 tried it at one point too.

But didnt 7 have it on a digital channel?

Yes, they had it on 7Two.

No scripts just yet!

Video:

3 Likes

The look of that update is perfection.

5 Likes

Excellent drone work from Eamonn Ashton Atkinson in Ypres tonight. Heā€™s a very good video journalist. As other have said they should hire him a chief European correspondent permantely.

10 Likes

Carrying Luke Foley statement live, ad lib.

1 Like

I think there is an absolutely clear cut off point for ā€˜done beforeā€™ at the point where Seven and Nine moved to 1 hour bulletins at 6.

There is absolutely scope to experiment with new formats now that the half hour at 6pm is now no longer offered (other than Seven Perth/Adelaide)

Anything that has been tried previously has not been tried when the competition is a 6pm newshour, especially when it was over summer 16 years ago.

1 Like

Itā€™s a different time and a different landscape now too. It just makes sense to me for Ten to offer local news at 6 - in addition to 5. They need to be out there in the market with their fairly rare offering - quality local TV news.

1 Like

I still maintain 7pm.

7 Likes

I second this.

3 Likes

There is already 2 offerings at 6pmā€¦7pm would be better.

1 Like

Brisbane tonight,
Afternoon Updates:

Bulletin:

Is Brisbane using the same closing theme as the rest of the country? I thought i would ask to make sure since they used to use a different section to close their Eyewitness bulletins? Theme still sounds heavy which i quite like.
2 Likes

Nah, late and local.

1 Like