Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Tim Bailey: “You don’t get this stuff on other channels”.
Doesn’t NBN still do weatherphotos?

4 Likes

3 Likes

Melbourne weather:

Closing shot:

5 Likes

Loving the overhead shots everywhere

4 Likes

Rate the relaunch!

0 voters

Melbourne Weather:

2 Likes

Hoping an extended version of the theme gets released. It might get played on ABC Classic if it was?!?!

7 Likes

I think mostly awesome. I dig the white. The map could be modified just slightly… probably thicker bars, better scale to it, especially in Adelaide and Sydney.

1 Like

Brisbane

6 Likes

Wow she moved fast!

5 Likes

Which element of the new look “10 News First” do you think will be tweaked (or dropped in some cases) first?

• Opener Style
  • Opening Voiceover
  • Supers/“Watermark”
  • Backdrop
  • The “10 News First” brand
  • All of the above
  • Nothing

0 voters

Having the presenter as the main sight at the start wouldn’t have been so bad if the presenters lead with (for example) “Good Evening Sydney, I’m Sandra Sully and this is 10 News First. Tonight…” but aside from that I wouldn’t be overly bothered if Ten reverted back to the more “traditional” style of bulletin Openers that most credible TV news organisations run with.

Others will no doubt have a different opinion, and obviously I don’t expect the graphics/theme to be entirely dumped. But still, some of the elements we’ve seen during tonight’s bulletin are “Seven News 2014 theme music” bad and are things I’m fully expecting to be tweaked or removed within a relatively short time! :wink:

3 Likes

The Daily Bailey Weather Wall, Headlines and Closer.

6 Likes

that breaking news variant of the news first logo looks so good, better than the regular.

4 Likes

Watched Sydney online and its just gorgeous. Looking forward to Perth. Adelaide probably looks the worst because they dont have proper screens.

Now we just need more bulletins…

1 Like

Interesting that they went with ‘Queensland’ for the VO… would of thought ‘Brisbane’

1 Like

You must have watched a different bulletin.

3 Likes

The poll keeps logging me out of Media Spy… It is glitched…

Compared to 7 and 9 news, it looks very fresh!

5 Likes

Is there a way we put a cap limit on the amount of images in a post? Haven’t been able to load all the 1000 VLC caps from post 4695… it’s all blank “VLC Snap… etc” maybe the image size of each one is huge?

Big thumbs up to the revamped Sydney news. Only thing I’m not a fan of is the rotating globe. Been there, done that, on Nine in the 90s.

7 Likes