Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Obviously a soft launch though, with no major on air promotions leading up to it all?

Don’t get me wrong. I am very glad that the tacky ‘Eyewitness’ will be scrapped.

The general promotion of news with 10 - 30 second spots refreshed daily has been a major positive of late.

1 Like

Most likely.

Is November 1 a major night of TV on Ten or something?

Of course I certainly won’t be complaining if there’s a major relaunch of Ten’s news service on that date, but do find the apparent timing rather intriguing since most On-Air presentation relaunches typically happen on a Sunday or Monday (the latter is especially popular for news relaunches) while 1/11/2018 is a Thursday…

1 Like

the night before is the first Upfronts presentation.

4 Likes

Yeah, I get that but doesn’t it seem odd to coincide a relaunch with something that doesn’t have much significance to the average viewer?

To the best of my knowledge, most of the mid-week and even many of the Sunday/Monday relaunches we’ve seen from various networks in the past have generally coincided with a major event happening on-air (rather than an Upfronts presentation which many viewers who aren’t in tune with media news would be unaware of) to ensure maximum exposure/viewership for the new look. I was thinking maybe The Bachelorette Finale might be on November 1 but that one has happened on the last Thursday in October the past two years…

That one actually happened on the 30th! :wink:

1 Like

Interesting… as far as I’m aware they haven’t been hiring and it’s a small industry so if anyone is ramping up their news operation word spreads pretty fast.

That doesn’t rule out a rebranding etc but if they haven’t been hiring that would tend to preclude the launch of new news programming.

Of course I could just be out of the loop.

2 Likes

Sounds like a makeover Nov 1 followed by additional bulletins / resources in the new year?

1 Like

It’s a network wide relaunch.

12 Likes

I suppose if you change the 10, it trickles down…

4 Likes

I’ve had a glimpse…

9 Likes

Does it remind you of any of Ten News’ pasts graphics packages from years gone by (similar elements, colour pallete, etc), or does it look radically different from any of the previous ones? Funny how we’ve from 3 months of waiting to 3 weeks! :smiley: The Upfronts should be interesting…

RIP News At Five

It’ll sad to see FAF go. Eyewitness on the other hand…:put_litter_in_its_place:

1 Like

I need to know more!!! :tired_face:

2 Likes

Any accidental leaks at your disposal @lexington :wink:

1 Like

I don’t believe him.

@lexington was the one who first told us a Network relaunch was imminent back in August:

And everything he has said appears to be happening. I’d believe him if I were you, he’s usually not wrong most of the time.

6 Likes

He’s got network sources, so that’s probably the closest we’ll get to knowing anything until the launch itself.

5 Likes

He also told us about the morning news program airing from 6:30-8:30am. I mean - we’re not kids here.

Wasn’t that a Mock Schedule though?

@lexington is on the ball most of the time with insider News, even giving explanations to how the bulletins are produced or the reason for a technical glitch. What was said in the Ten rampant relaunch discussion in August looks to be aligning in place.

But then again, we’ll have to wait and see…

6 Likes