Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

I think we’ll see the Perth redo when required from now on. Possibly Queensland as well when daylight savings rolls around.

In the case of Adelaide, 30 minutes isn’t that big of a gap to make stale news, it’s also impossible to ‘redo’ while they’re still on air in Sydney & Melbourne (and you can’t get Adelaide to join at the halfway mark.)

8 Likes

Tonight’s edition of Ten Eyewitness News Queensland with Joe Hill in full for those interested

2 Likes

Interesting in that TEN Queensland took a story on the cyclone by Amanda Hart whilst TEN Melbourne used a CBS piece by Courtney Zubowski

2 Likes

Brisbane also used Courtney Zubowski - it followed Amanda Hart’s report.

Didn’t catch all of it, but I just heard a promo for Perth which I think was for a specific story, it used the same title-card as the recent short promos that have been airing in recent weeks.

they’d be those 20 second promos I mentioned a while back…

1 Like

Aren’t the 20 second daily promos different to what @Biscuit45 is referring to above, that sounds more story specific than the general promos they’ve been running out with news footage from that day?

1 Like

the dailies are 10 seconds. the story specifics are 20’s.

3 Likes

Ahh I see, thanks!

1 Like

I’m surprised nobody’s mentioned it yet, but today marks five years since the Ten Eyewitness News relaunch + the subsequent frenzy the pre-Discourse Media Spy forum was whipped into over this and Seven News’ “half refresh” (with those elements lasting until the 2016 relaunch) that night! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

With some elements still in use today and all other Australian broadcasters having since moved on from the branding they used in September 2013 (SBS World News of all services has had two graphics changes since Ten had their last one!), I wonder when we should expect to see the next branding evolution of Ten’s news service? Personally I hope it’s sooner rather than later!

6 Likes

5 years already! Having seen some early montages, the original presentation of Eyewitness News was far superior. Can’t wait for the next chapter.

6 Likes

October 31 is my tip.

9 Likes

Upfronts day, right?

1 Like

yeah… someone here claimed it to be that day.

@Bob wasn’t it?

Yes…October 31 is Upfronts and possibly relau…cough! :thinking:

3 Likes

Don’t think for news just yet…

1 Like

Hrm… If the Network is due to get a new logo and On-Air Presentation on that day but not TEN News, wouldn’t the previous logo clash with the new look? Unless it’s just a revised version of the current… :thinking:

Obviously the logo would change on news graphics but in regards to those changes with news relaunch I’m not sure.

5 Likes

When the logo changed from the dark blue/yellow version to the lighter blue/white one we have now, any news graphics which used the logo were re-edited/updated but of course those didn’t last overly long (only a couple of months IIRC?) before the Ten Eyewitness News relaunch happened. I’m also not sure if Ten’s current news graphics would really work that well with a new logo, the titlecards in particular look like they were produced with the current logo in mind rather than any future one.

Of course we’ll just have to wait and see what actually happens, but I personally wouldn’t be overly surprised if the logo is revealed at the upfronts but the on-air launch of the logo happens a bit later. TV networks quite often (but not always, to be fair) schedule their On-Air Presentation relaunches to coincide with a major network event, so I’m not sure if we’d see new graphics on October 31 unless there’s a big finale or something like that scheduled to be shown on Ten that day/night. However this is starting to go off topic a bit so I’ll leave it there.

1 Like