Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

New Head of news started this week :+1:

9 Likes

because the desk is massive and if you have a wide shot with Georgie, sheā€™ll look very lonely.

at least in the shot they used sheā€™s not as lonely.

1 Like

Fantastic coverage of the WA state budget from Ten Perth, to some extent better than what both the other networks offered. This is just one of the many reasons why they out-rate Nine News Perth.

7 Likes

I still really like their set, theyā€™ve made great use of a relatively small space.

Edit: also someone from Ten was up late tweeting last night.

3 Likes

The only thing is that the fake trapezoid backdrop, and the ā€œscreenā€ (they couldā€™ve at least tried a prop TV screen) on the RHS with the TENFAF logo look out of place on that curved blue backdrop. If would look much better if they removed them and had the whole blue backdrop as a printout of the Perth skyline.

Other than that, yes, it is a very good set.

1 Like

@Nick
The Screen on the RHS actuallully is a screenā€¦

2 Likes

NEW uses their screens very conservatively. No big tri-panel splashes for lead stories (it took until 8 minutes into the budget newscast to pull one up). Nonetheless, when they do, they use it effectively. I like the live toss setup where the RHS is used instead of a two-box.

Iā€™ve always been confused as to whether the tri-panel at ADS is just printed duratrans, though. Isnā€™t the LHS screen the only one at that tiny studio?

1 Like

I think most of the news services in Perth have fairly conservative presentation, but I guess that style fits the market.

From memory, the main presenting area of Adelaideā€™s set consists of one vertical plasma in the middle and two duratans to the side of that.

2 Likes

The reason Adelaide and Perth donā€™t have the triple screen is because the control room is in Melbourne - and they would need 3 seperate video paths to the studio to feed the monitors.

Instead, they have 1 eachā€¦ and i prefer Perthā€™s implementationā€¦

4 Likes

Iā€™m not 100% but I think Peth has the 3 screens since the studio moved. Iā€™m sure Iā€™ve seen topical backgrounds on all 3 screens at some point.

Just to be sure, here are some snapshots from yesterdayā€™s program.

@lexington I wouldnā€™t be surprised if master control was handled in Melbourne, but switching news? Iā€™ve caught chatter about fibre links, but Iā€™d be hard pressed to believe that live TDs in Adelaide and Perth arenā€™t local, especially with advancements in coding and automation.

5 Likes

sorry - Iā€™m not up with the new Perth setupā€¦ but yes indeed, studio control is in Melbourne for Adelaide and Perth (TD, director, producerā€¦ it all)

1 Like

All 4 screens in Perth are real. Backdrop is real. Adelaide has 1 vertical monitor and two durotrans on news set and 1 real monitor for the standup position to the side of their set. Same control room in Melbourne does Perth and Adelaide bulletins.

7 Likes

7 Likes

Nothing big, but good to see

2 Likes

Now Ten daily is up and running they can get to work improving the news service.

4 Likes

On a technical note, we can see the clapper that they use.

5 Likes
9 Likes

:joy::rofl:

1 Like

When you donā€™t know whats happening but just keeping your cool.
giphy

14 Likes