Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

You’re the only one pretending it’s something when it’s not.

Considering they have a statewide fleet of vehicles and an operations centre to manage them… I’d say there in the perfect position to talk about rapidly evolving road changes.

Not sure where there was any mention of insurance sales or other crap.

2 Likes

RACQ is the organisation that provides the best info in Queensland when there are flooded roads. Nothing to do with sponsored content at all. All media use their intelligence about road closures. Very common to get a list of road closures on radio from RACQ including ABC.

2 Likes

Multi-purpose mic flag?

23 Likes

Happened with ABC as well. They did that last year.

1 Like

The flags are stickers, they aren’t printed on unfortunately.

Makes them easily changeable and not having to order new ones for each program all the time. The cost of printed mic flags can actually get expensive.

3 Likes

Yes, there was an instant rise on day 1 from the diabolical Celebrity Name Game. But two months in and those 6pm ratings appear to have stagnated. The bulletin can’t continue to rate a third or a quarter of Seven and Nine News.

1 Like

What are you talking about?

It’s been stated that the time slot is massively up on last years figures. And it’s 2 months on.

2 Likes

As opposed to everything else they’ve tried which barely rated a fifth?

6 Likes

The timeslot has maintained improved ratings since the introduction of the bulletin.

Last week it was up approx 26% year-on-year which is a massive increase.

10 News First at 5pm was up 6%

And it seems to be having some flow on effect (though that is harder to tell) with The Project up 28% compared to the equivalent week last year.

5 Likes

But neither could Celebrity Name Game or any other crap they’ve aired in that slot.

6pm news improving on Celebrity Name Game at a fraction of the cost is a no brainer.

Should I expect another mention of Simpsons at 6?

6 Likes

And I said at the time that the instant increase from Celebrity Name Game was good. But as TVCynic pointed out, it has only managed to maintain the ratings from the first bulletin. It needs to keep improving.

You obviously missed the part where it says that it was up last week 26% year on year?

Extending your logic, I’m sure Nine and Seven will ditch their 6pm bulletins because they aren’t constantly improving.

2 Likes

I believe they call that spin. :slight_smile:

I can spin too. 10 News First 6pm is down 21% from this day two years ago.

Bring back Pointless? Family Feud?

I believe it’s called a fact, fact is it’s up YOY when audiences on FTA are typically declining.

But sure, go ahead and bury your head in the sand and tell us all again that The Simpson’s is the answer here.

1 Like

Except no one uses 2 year old data.

I think when it comes to @Sifon and 6pm slot its better to just ignore him. His obsession with the Simpson’s 26 years on means it’s like trying to have a logical factual conversation with a wall.

Tonight’s news update

12 Likes

Local weekend news update:

Is this new? Or just for today? Are they getting a local bulletin tonight?

5 Likes